Offshore Old Glory 8/13

Saltygoose

Sep 30, 2020
California
Name
Jesse Moreno
Boat
No
Went out on the Old Glory, We had tuff day fishing San Clemente island. We made our first stop around 4:30 or so,I dropped knife jigs and a sinker rig but, no bites. About sunrise I made the switch to fly line. Got nothing but a few bones in the bag. After we were done I decided to go down to my bunk and take a nap for about an hour and a half. Luckily the air conditioner wasn’t working so, I decided to go have a beer and troll the cider plug. We must of been about 45 minutes from port. When I heard the best sound in the world. The drag was screaming and I was bit. After about a five minute fight I had about a 20 pound yellow fin on the deck. This taught me to always have a trolling set up ready to go for the ride home. Tight lines gentlemen 🤙🏽🤙🏽

65E0F601-5830-40F2-9B8D-786B90EBC14A.jpeg

Last edited:

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    GOOD JOB....1 MoBetta than none for sure. You went home happy.
    YEP always have a troll rig ready to go!!!

One time on Prowler, all we caught were Skipjack all day. I put out a Cedar Plug while heading back in. Deckhands told me you'll never get bit. Going by Rosarito ZZZZZZZZ after 20min fight,
    caught a 65lb BigEye Tuna. Nice Surprise!!

Upvote 0

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    My favorite words, "you'll never get bit".
    What does it hurt fishing what you like. As long as you do not slow the ride home, who cares. Been told , don't fish a swim bait while we have live squid.
    Jackpot WSB. Small, but JP. Medium Jet head albacore fishing SD. Bit.
    Fun stuff.

Reactions: Saltygoose
    S
    Saltygoose
    It was definitely was great to see the look of the deckhands when the fish hit the deck LOL
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Hell Yea your a smart cat well done!!

Upvote 0