Offshore Old Glory 4/14 100 yellows so far! and on the bluefin now also seeing Yellowfin

Dudley613

• May 20, 2015
    Inyotuckee CA
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
    So you are "that guy" that was telling us about homeguard Albacore,short boils and Halibut lung capacity aren't you ? Your reports aren't really your reports.Your telling us what somebody else caught.Sorry i don't do fish reports.The Lobster was almost 9 pounds and was released.
    Ramsnducks? Do I need to build another poll to get to the bottom of this lol?

Reactions: Andrew Kovach

Ducksnpucks

Almost A Member
    Feb 22, 2021
    Long Beach, Ca
    Name
    Ducks
    Boat
    None
    So you are "that guy" that was telling us about homeguard Albacore,short boils and Halibut lung capacity aren't you ? Your reports aren't really your reports.Your telling us what somebody else caught.Sorry i don't do fish reports.The Lobster was almost 9 pounds and was released.

It’s better just to put you on ignore. I have 2 reports from early season collonet on the old glory. And one from Clemente fishing the Toronado. Don’t need to explain myself any further from someone being a dick questioning if I been fishing. Have a good day!

Reactions: COSDoug

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
    Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat
    African Queen

CaptJgray

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jan 23, 2014
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Jeff Gray
    Boat
    hell no....
    What app is that?
    Marine Traffic,
    Blue vessels are Passenger vessels BTW, approximately 30-40 miles outside Punta Banda, which is where most of the reports on here have stated they were fishing. it would be really exciting if the fish were outside the Bull ring though... But what do I know, Im fishing from my desk like the rest of you...

SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    ""
    Boat
    24'custom
    I got a funny feeling this year will be the year for Albacore for the san Diego Fleet. Too many promising signs are pointing in that direction. 1st, Anchovies are up and down the coast. 2nd, Bonita are showing up on the schools of Chovies in Southern Ca. 3rd, Sardines are fading out and Chovies are plentiful almost at every landing/receiver, South of point Conception. 4th, compare the water temps since Jan 2021 thru this week. The water temps and currents (from Oregon/Ca border to the tip of Baja are very favorable for Albacore, Especially the water temps and the Abundance of Chovies on our outside banks!! 5th, In the past 40 years, I have only seen the North/North West winds blow this hard for a long period of time (Since late January of this year to current and no indication of letting up anytime soon) The only two times it's blown like this for a long period of time this Winter/Spring was 3 different times and it was a year before a big El Nino, In those years It was stellar for Albacore fishing out of S.D, Followed by a Strong El Nino the following years. 6th, We haven't seen this kind of Volume of Albacore this close to Mexico, Baja (700 miles S/W) since the year before our last major El Nino. My Gut feeling is that it will be a great Albacore year, starting in June out of San Diego. If you like Albacore fishing keep your fingers crossed!!!! Fishing goes in Cycles and I believe it's our turn for the Albacore cycle. It's late, I didn't proof read it, along with spell check.
    Out of curiosity where are the bonito? At I'm about to head out looking for them. And this is the first I've read about them this year. Are they on any local SD banks?

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer

TJBertram

Jul 25, 2005
    Tijuana, Mex.
    Name
    Dodi
    Boat
    50 Bertram Conquistadora
    Back in 2003 - headed south about 100mi. from Pt. Loma and had limits of albies by 830am....

Albie1.jpeg

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Out of curiosity where are the bonito? At I'm about to head out looking for them. And this is the first I've read about them this year. Are they on any local SD banks?
    The Bonita have been around for the past couple months, Find the chovies and you will find the bonita. The albacore are not on any S.D. Banks as of now and probably won't be for a while.

SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    ""
    Boat
    24'custom
    The Bonita have been around for the past couple months, Find the chovies and you will find the bonita. The albacore are not on any S.D. Banks as of now and probably won't be for a while.
    Awesome this is a good year for jumbo bonito! And as much as I wouldn't mind an albi run I'm starting to doubt it. One of my fishing partners got back from a month of fishing the Sea of Cortez, la Paz & Cabo yesterday and they where hanging long sickle YF everywhere they fished normally that's a good sign for a good YF tuna bite for us up here. When the LSYF are up in the sea of Cortez. And like you had mentioned they got the same chovie action going on down there as well. So at this point point I'm just going to pray for a good year of fishing no matter what's biting and I really hope this dam wind descides to stop. that would be nice. In the meantime I'm going out for bonito! Fun fish to catch all day! And last year this time the trophy size bones were around so we'll see!

BrianBurchfield

Almost A Member
  • Apr 26, 2018
    Irvine
    Name
    Brian Burchfield
    Boat
    22’ Trophy CC
    Awesome this is a good year for jumbo bonito! And as much as I wouldn't mind an albi run I'm starting to doubt it. One of my fishing partners got back from a month of fishing the Sea of Cortez, la Paz & Cabo yesterday and they where hanging long sickle YF everywhere they fished normally that's a good sign for a good YF tuna bite for us up here. When the LSYF are up in the sea of Cortez. And like you had mentioned they got the same chovie action going on down there as well. So at this point point I'm just going to pray for a good year of fishing no matter what's biting and I really hope this dam wind descides to stop. that would be nice. In the meantime I'm going out for bonito! Fun fish to catch all day! And last year this time the trophy size bones were around so we'll see!
    It's been a while since we've had the short-sickle YF in our waters. Hope they come back

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    So...

Did anybody ever figure out the spot where the Old Glory found the fish?
    And the size of those 137 yt?
    If you read around on this site, It's been said where there fishing and it's not a spot (It's a wide area, I don't know if you know it, But those fish move around every day). About the size of the Y.T, When you see a post or hear it from someone about a huge amount of Y.T, Caught in a short period of time, More then likely than SMALL.