Offshore Old Glory 4/14 100 yellows so far! and on the bluefin now also seeing Yellowfin

PENN

Ducksnpucks

Almost A Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Long Beach, Ca
    Name
    Ducks
    Boat
    None
    Get your gear ready!

1618431993064.png

11 AM on the Water Report from Old Glory​

100+ Yellowtail and 1 Bluefin Tuna​

Captain Kley tells us it’s been a busy morning chasing Bluefin- lot’s in the area, they just aren’t biting yet. Yellowfin are also in the area! Will we see any in the final catch report? Stay tuned…

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Respool that reel. Lube that handle. Check the guides for Nick's and Burrs... on the "Top 10" rods you fish regularly. Make those "Top Shots". Sharpen those hooks.

You get it. Don't get out there.... after having the off season to "rebuild" ....and experience YOUR CHANCE this season.. only to lose it.... as fast as it came. Usually some minor detail....that each of us has thought... was "insignificant"!! Looking back.... is always 20 / 20 vision. Soooo do it now.... and rest your mind...that its "ready".

There's an old saying.... in fishing.... true LUCK... is when "preparedness meets opportunity"...

GOOD LUCK my BD Brothers. Its gonna be an interesting year fishing wise.... be in the game!!

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 22, 2004
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    jeff meeker
    Boat
    26 Blackman Billfisher
    Does this guy even fish? Looking at his entire yearly messages so far all I see is comments only, and a 2 pound lobster as a profile picture. You can check my reports though since joining if you want to be a dick.
    You haven't been on the site even 2 months and you're ripping a long time contributor that's real class act. And just to be a dick I checked your previous posts and couldn't find a first person fish report anywhere just comments that a buddy did this or I'll give a report later but I guess you never go either. FYI - we know where to find Fish Counts or better yet FishDope so save us all and next time try an on the water report before you pop off.

Ducksnpucks

Almost A Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Long Beach, Ca
    Name
    Ducks
    Boat
    None
    You haven't been on the site even 2 months and you're ripping a long time contributor that's real class act. And just to be a dick I checked your previous posts and couldn't find a first person fish report anywhere just comments that a buddy did this or I'll give a report later but I guess you never go either. FYI - we know where to find Fish Counts or better yet FishDope so save us all and next time try an on the water report before you pop off.

Being a dick? I read some of you guys ripping board member Dave Coopman for posting a report just the other day about a report which was helpful to a lot of members here. The likes speak for itself on the thread. If you don’t like new members put us on ignore I don’t understand your hostility either.

And You Need to check the reports again. I can give you the links if you like. Here they are. Ones a full bag of yellow from OG when I was down at collonet. And another at Clemente on the Toronado. No First hand report my ass

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    I wish the albacore would come back!
    I got a funny feeling this year will be the year for Albacore for the san Diego Fleet. Too many promising signs are pointing in that direction. 1st, Anchovies are up and down the coast. 2nd, Bonita are showing up on the schools of Chovies in Southern Ca. 3rd, Sardines are fading out and Chovies are plentiful almost at every landing/receiver, South of point Conception. 4th, compare the water temps since Jan 2021 thru this week. The water temps and currents (from Oregon/Ca border to the tip of Baja are very favorable for Albacore, Especially the water temps and the Abundance of Chovies on our outside banks!! 5th, In the past 40 years, I have only seen the North/North West winds blow this hard for a long period of time (Since late January of this year to current and no indication of letting up anytime soon) The only two times it's blown like this for a long period of time this Winter/Spring was 3 different times and it was a year before a big El Nino, In those years It was stellar for Albacore fishing out of S.D, Followed by a Strong El Nino the following years. 6th, We haven't seen this kind of Volume of Albacore this close to Mexico, Baja (700 miles S/W) since the year before our last major El Nino. My Gut feeling is that it will be a great Albacore year, starting in June out of San Diego. If you like Albacore fishing keep your fingers crossed!!!! Fishing goes in Cycles and I believe it's our turn for the Albacore cycle. It's late, I didn't proof read it, along with spell check.

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Does this guy even fish? Looking at his entire yearly messages so far all I see is comments only, and a 2 pound lobster as a profile picture. You can check my reports though since joining if you want to be a dick.
    So you are "that guy" that was telling us about homeguard Albacore,short boils and Halibut lung capacity aren't you ? Your reports aren't really your reports.Your telling us what somebody else caught.Sorry i don't do fish reports.The Lobster was almost 9 pounds and was released.

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
  • Dec 20, 2008
    San Clemente
    Name
    Brett Weinberg
    Boat
    Parker 2120SCDV
    I got a funny feeling this year will be the year for Albacore for the san Diego Fleet. Too many promising signs are pointing in that direction. 1st, Anchovies are up and down the coast. 2nd, Bonita are showing up on the schools of Chovies in Southern Ca. 3rd, Sardines are fading out and Chovies are plentiful almost at every landing/receiver, South of point Conception. 4th, compare the water temps since Jan 2021 thru this week. The water temps and currents (from Oregon/Ca border to the tip of Baja are very favorable for Albacore, Especially the water temps and the Abundance of Chovies on our outside banks!! 5th, In the past 40 years, I have only seen the North/North West winds blow this hard for a long period of time (Since late January of this year to current and no indication of letting up anytime soon) The only two times it's blown like this for a long period of time this Winter/Spring was 3 different times and it was a year before a big El Nino, In those years It was stellar for Albacore fishing out of S.D, Followed by a Strong El Nino the following years. 6th, We haven't seen this kind of Volume of Albacore this close to Mexico, Baja (700 miles S/W) since the year before our last major El Nino. My Gut feeling is that it will be a great Albacore year, starting in June out of San Diego. If you like Albacore fishing keep your fingers crossed!!!! Fishing goes in Cycles and I believe it's our turn for the Albacore cycle. It's late, I didn't proof read it, along with spell check.

Works every damn time :urno1:

Reactions: Fins in the Bin
    Upvote 0