Wade K in deep

IFish4Sanity&SelectivelyHarvest
Sep 24, 2019
Mariposa, CA
Name
Wade Knupp
Boat
Kayak & Kickboat
I was looking at some old junk and found a pack of Kalin's Salty Lunker grubs in the Salt and Pepper color and a 3/8oz deer hair jig. That used to be my never-fail for LMB in the Santa Clara County lakes growing up in the '80's. Throw it out on a point, as far as I could, let it sink on a semi-slack line and hop it back to shore.
What are some of your favorites from way back?

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

CartridgeCalls

100% Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Krocodiles and red head white bucktails.

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I never had a Rynosky that swam "right", but I had 2 out of like 6 that I bought that would smash bass. I guess they limped just right.
It was all in the way you fed it onto your jighead and which jighead you used.I still have a large bag of them in white that i found at a swap meet.

rick Jackson

"Carpe diem"
May 28, 2015
Name
RIP Jim Peterson
Boat
Glasspar Avalon/SeaQuest
Anything Jed Welsh related especially Halibut rigs w/ red bead. :lux:

swami 805

Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Brown bait rynosky with an orange belly, fall back root beer scampi

mackereljoe

Apr 1, 2007
Long Beach
Name
Joey
Boat
None
Kastmaster 1/4 - 3/4 ounce. Pacific to Atlantic Ocean including Gulf of Mexico to the mouth of Saint Lawrence River and all 5 Great Lakes. Never really had much luck with the fake copies. Second is the krocodile spoons. It was part of any of my predeployment checklist.

Reactions: Cubeye

FishinMcNuggets

I've edited enough I should section this post.
Oct 25, 2010
Hermosa Beach, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
They still make those rebels.

Cast-a-bubble water bobbers. The ones that bounce and don't crack.

Knock off diamond jigs that didn't break the bank, and came in mackerel sizes.

And Scroungers. Especially with the silver tail. Those things took care of business.

Reactions: Texas Tuna

fishkilr

Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Tady tlcs....mostly green and yellow but red and white also wrapped with squid were magical on sci calicos in the wintertime....way back when...

Wade K in deep

Sep 24, 2019
Mariposa, CA
Name
Wade Knupp
Boat
Kayak & Kickboat
It was all in the way you fed it onto your jighead and which jighead you used.I still have a large bag of them in white that i found at a swap meet.
I don't think it would have mattered much as all of them had developed kinks while in the package. It probably didn't help that I only bought them when they were in the clearance bin at Thrifty's. When my allowance was $.75/week, $2.99 full price was way too much!

Wade K in deep

Sep 24, 2019
Mariposa, CA
Name
Wade Knupp
Boat
Kayak & Kickboat
Since the limping Rynosky's were brought up, does anybody else have favorite "Crippled" lures.

1 that comes to mind for me was an Excaliber Spit'n Image, that I found in some flotsam at Anderson Lake. It had been in the water so long that the hooks were gone and the split rings crumbled when I pinched them. The part of 1 side of it was stained black instead of the silvery Shad finish it was originally. The BB's inside it had rusted to that side. I had it sitting in 1 of my boxes for a while and a buddy bet me I couldn't catch a fish with it. So I finally put new rings and hooks on it for shits and giggles. That night, on it's 1st cast, after the 3rd twitch, it got toilet bowl flushed by a 4 3/4# Bass. It caught 6 more bass that night and literally hundreds more before it was lost to a fish on White's Slough. I think the thing that made it a killer was that while walking the dog it would lay over on it's shiny side, then slowly roll over to the Black side if you let it set for a few seconds.

Reactions: HighWildFree

Highwayman

Jun 25, 2015
Name
Sammy
Boat
None
Scampi Coaster, Phoebe gold and silver minnow are a couple