RockyGizmo

Almost A Member
Mar 15, 2017
Goleta, CA
Name
Alexei
Boat
Cattle Boats from all over California
I like to watch this forum - but these days am more of a fisherman than hunter (at least since accidentally shooting my brother in the leg a few years ago... the BIG cry baby is still mad about the whole thing, but the wound was superficial).

I just want to post a quick pick of my hunting pup... a German Shepard isn't known as a hunting dog - and she isn't; however, over the last 14 years she has done me proud. Not a true retriever... she is much more inclined to start eating game before bringing it back home to me.

This dog is much fun to have in the field; and she loved absolutely every minute of it. She is almost completely deaf now, and has no idea that her nemesis - the dreaded cat, is bundled up in the blanket right behind her on our bed.

Be Safe, Be Kind... God Bless You All.
mongrel_zpsixuqkmgv.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Im sure your brothers nickname for you is Dick Cheney......or just Dick.
Dogs are the greatest.

Upvote 0

cchris

Oct 2, 2014
Name
Cris
Boat
friends :)
As a military man I must confess that shooting someone on a hunt denotes poor judgement and maybe poor skills with the gun on your part. I would much rather come home empty handed 100% of the time than to risk shooting someone or the dogs.
As a brother myself I would suggest trying to patch things up with your brother, honestly I don’t know what more important than family in this world. Treasure your family and dogs, ‘for life is but a dream!

Reactions: RockyGizmo
Upvote 0

RockyGizmo

Almost A Member
Mar 15, 2017
Goleta, CA
Name
Alexei
Boat
Cattle Boats from all over California
cchris - you are right on all counts. I have patched things up with my brother; we are cool. As for the stupidity of hurting the guy who always watches my back - yes, very poor judgement.

I will not make any excuses, what amazes me is that despite dumb decisions made as a younger man, I will am still around to teach our kids the right way to do things.

It’s kind of funny, my brother and I are a year apart - and we used to ‘scrap’ a lot growing up; however, even though we live 2000 miles apart - are very close (but not identical) our social/political views. -

Reactions: cchris
Upvote 0