Old Calstar/ Penn Value

hbstriker

Jul 30, 2009
HB
Name
Noop
Boat
Not yet
Long story short, one of my neighbors recently passed away. Found out that there were a few rods tucked away in a shed , so I went to take a look. I found three custom made rods, two were a matched set of Calstar 196-6, one with a Penn 505 Jigmaster and another with a smaller Penn, i think it was a 100 squidder? Third rod not sure what it was, but all three were custom cork grip rods, guides were the basic boat guides, a normal amount of corrosion for probably sitting for a very long time. The woman who passed what mid 60's, and these rods were made for her father, so probably older. Reels seemed to spin just fine for being covered in probably 20 plus years of dirt, termite shit and cobwebs.

The son said to come up with a value if i want them prior to the estate sale. What do you all think?

Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
I don't think they are worth as much as you might think call calstar could give you a heads up there is a add in western outdoor news at times for wanted old gear might try them I have a gliebe from the 40-50's never seen the water in pristine condition only worth 30 bucks or so from what I was told hope this helps

Upvote 0

hbstriker

Jul 30, 2009
HB
Name
Noop
Boat
Not yet
8u7y6asa.jpg

Upvote 0