Old #7 8/19 YT's and Dodo's

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"

I helped Jeff & Nick by deckhanding on the 8/19 charter. We left S.D. with two tanks full of some of the best bait I've seen in a year, really nice green back slimy dines. Our group consisted of Chartermaster Rene, Danny, Paul an his 13 yr old son, Craig & his wife Kristin on her first offshore trip. Early morning finds us in a zone picking away on 1 fish stops under kelp. Jeff begins to prepare the hot breakfast when we find a car hood sized kelp. It surrendered a really nice WFO bite on YT's up to 25 lbs with the avg in the 12-15 lb range. Kristin's first saltwater fish was a solid 25 lb YT!!! She played it perfect on 20 lb string and did the over/under/over/under dance to avoid tangles like a seasoned pro. Things dried up and trolling lasted a couple hrs. in search of more kelp. As Jeff was preparing Dodo taco lunch with all the trimmings you know what was gonna happen........... yep another kelp zone. :D This one had dodo's flying out of the water begging for dines. Dropped the bait in and had an instant hookup right off the swimstep, we were litterally hand feeding them and at times leading the bait towards the bull you wanted. All anglers did the dance, stepped the step and worked great together to boat many fishes while occuring minimal losses. Danny was the hot stick of the day, getting bit on almost every stop and Craig nailed a beautifull bull (pictured at the top of this post), one of 5 that were in the 22-25 lb range caught by all. What an awesome day on the water with a great group of people. I'm just glad that Nick did all that filleting, I'd still be cutting. :D

Eye Problem

If 1st you dont succeed, failure may be your style
Mar 26, 2003
Lake Forest
bdoutdoors.com
Name
Greg
Boat
AHOAGAIN
Nice report there Brandon.

medunn16

Captain blue perch!!!
Apr 1, 2006
Lomita
Name
Chris
Boat
Blackman'46'Boat Ho!!!
Love fishing with Jeff & Nick,great guy's,awesome boat!!!Was broke back there???We really miss his tight ass up here!!!!! gayz: gayz: gayz: gayz:

Tunaslam

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
A fantastic trip Brandon, way to go!

Mots

Aka..."Un Reel"
Feb 5, 2003
San Marcos
Visit site
Name
Mots
Boat
UnReel 25' Wellcraft
Nice report dude, hook up.

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Hey Fournier -

Nice Dorado for a guy who has no penis.....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No suprise that your wife out fishes you on the YT's - look out she may go on all your trips now.....

Razor Out

Ouch!!! :nutkick: :rofl:

Craig nailed his fair share of fish but Kristin had "Lady Luck" on her side Saturday. We had a hell of a time getting that Dodo Craig nailed to get within a gaff's reach. Very nice stuborn fish with a ton of fight.

salty nuts

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 2, 2004
Camarillo
Name
Tim Mohawk
Boat
25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
Nice Job there Brandon. Nice fish.

moorefish

Jan 1, 2004
SoCal
Name
MN
Boat
Any
Great work Brandon! Kathy and I are heading down there to fish both Thursday and Friday, 2-dayer. Hope to meet up with some of you Diego vets.

Squid Vicious

me vale verga
Feb 17, 2004
So Cal
bloodydecks
Name
Manuel Frias
Boat
none for now
..............and i thought you were working :D

Red Drum

Paradiddle-diddle
Mar 15, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Name
Capt. Vinnie
Boat
Big Drum-2300 Seaswirl Striper...Red Drum-1500 Duroboat
Nice fish!

Jul 18, 2003
downey/ca
Visit site
Name
bill swift
Boat
Triumph 215 CC
So Brandon-is that going to be your new line of work when they shut down the c-17 program in 09-you have time to get in enough hours to get your 6-pak ticket--lol