old#7 6 days of fishing

tunajeff

Dec 18, 2003
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff
Boat
xxx
Guys just a little fishng report to let you know you dont have to play long ball and go 80+ miles to have a great day!
we just got off of 6 days in a row with what i would call excellent fishing! We were never more than 60 miles from home and most fish were in the 40 mile area and no boats in site!
168 YT
32 dorado
18 yft
2 bft
Ol #7 - 7-17-06 009.jpg

medunn16

Captain blue perch!!!
Apr 1, 2006
Lomita
Name
Chris
Boat
Blackman'46'Boat Ho!!!
Nice one Jeff!!!Were still up here catching seabass.......Wish it was on your boat!Gonna try to make a trip down........(Broke Back,we miss you!!)Ha,Ha,Ha......

Crusty Rod

Jun 2, 2003
s calif
jimparker.us
Name
captain
Boat
25' Farallon - reel passion
baby yt and kiddie doodos, wheres the tuna?? Dont take it personal, just tired of seeing little yt, and those little dodos should live longer.

tks for the report

itrytofish

Jun 2, 2005
Monrovia, Ca.
www.themobilehotspot.com
Name
Glen Mitchell
Boat
24, custom cuddy Proline
"Some of those look a little small. Or is that the camera?"
shut-up! enlarge the pics if you have too!

"baby yt and kiddie doodos, wheres the tuna?? Dont take it personal, just tired of seeing little yt, and those little dodos should live longer."
Shut up! You are the one complaining of fuel and always talking about making long runs. Now Jeff is saying that maybe you don't have to run SO FAR. like I said above, enlarge the pics if you need.

Nice job Jeff! staying close means more fishing time, period! Thats what I'm into.

tunajeff

Dec 18, 2003
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff
Boat
xxx
what im trying to tell you guys is you dont have to run 100 miles, waste 200 gallons of fuel, fish with the entire fleet and get poached on every paddy you fish to have a productive day! 90% of all the fish being caught by the sportboats and private guys are comming off of the kelps. Its very hard to find your own kelp when your fishing around a bunch of other boats!

Aug 4, 2004
California
Name
JB
Boat
Matson Inc.
Crusty Rod said:
baby yt and kiddie doodos, wheres the tuna?? Dont take it personal, just tired of seeing little yt, and those little dodos should live longer.

tks for the report
Thanks for saying what I was thinking.

medunn16

Captain blue perch!!!
Apr 1, 2006
Lomita
Name
Chris
Boat
Blackman'46'Boat Ho!!!
You the Man Jeff!!!!!!!!Ran all the way out to Cortez last week for dirty water and no fish!!!!!Hope to get down soooooon!!!!!

Tron Lover

Chicks dig the Suit
Jun 8, 2006
in the computer age
Name
Andy C
Boat
rubber duckie
tunajeff said:
what im trying to tell you guys is you dont have to run 100 miles, waste 200 gallons of fuel, fish with the entire fleet and get poached on every paddy you fish to have a productive day! 90% of all the fish being caught by the sportboats and private guys are comming off of the kelps. Its very hard to find your own kelp when your fishing around a bunch of other boats!
Amen! Thanks for the dope.

There is a huge body of fish just west of the 302. Not that far out.

Save gas don't run far. Also, I heard on the raidio yesterday of a patty giving up a handful of dorado just 6 or 9 miles from the point.

Cast Gold

hss AHHHH...hss AHHHH....
Jul 1, 2005
Tustin
Name
Kris
Boat
Mike's
When's the next Old#7 vs Dreamer challenge?

Cast Gold

hss AHHHH...hss AHHHH....
Jul 1, 2005
Tustin
Name
Kris
Boat
Mike's
Saluki said:
Opening day of Fred Hall 2007
That's a long ways away. I bet your anticipation is going to swell up like a giant ball.

rojodiablo

Dive club flunkie
Jul 22, 2005
Santa Ana Ca.
Name
Paul Romanowski
Boat
Sold the boat; running the rubber ducky! (Inflatable)
Crusty Rod said:

tks for the report
#1.Those little dodos are already breeding. #2 Those same fish will grow another 2-6lb each before the season is up. #3. At $3.25 a gallon, any dodo landed is rightfully going to sushi heaven!! YT?? It all tastes the same to me. And there is mad volume of YT out there, both large and small. So as long as they arent the 3lb rat models, I say take what you can eat, and then let the rest go.:finger:

Payaso1

Livin the Dream
Mar 25, 2004
Torrance, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
None
So typical around here anymore...anyone else sick of this shit?

Let me get this straight....Jeff puts out some useful information to the private boater population (including a picture of his catch) and he is thanked by a few "hardcore" Bloodydeckers by basically talking shit about the size of his catch. That's fucked up!!!!

Who cares what you think about his (well, really his customers) catch. The topic of LEGAL cathes being bad mouthed (by a few) due to personal opinion is a tiresome discussion. It has no positive effect, so save the "awareness" bullshit, often leading to stupid arguements and then ultimately Surfdoc, or another moderator, closes the thread.

I got a better thought...next time you want to add your personal opinion on someone elses LEGAL catch, especially when they are attempting to help us all, please step away from your keyboard and enjoy a tall cold glass of SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!! Seriously, it is getting way out of hand around here. It seems, more and more, that threads are being ridiculed with opinions about what we can and can't gaff. Fuck, there is a book of rules that has determined this already so until the law changes....let it go!!!!!

I can name another fishing site where this shit happens all the time too, but I don't want to start a war, but most of us left that community because we were sick of it. So we turned to a bitchen place called "Bloodydecks" so we could break free from the PETA bullshit...you know what, I'm done ranting!

Jeff, thanks for the update as always...please keep the information coming as we appreciate the open communication with the guys who are out there doing this AS A LIVING.

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Payaso1 said:
So typical around here anymore...anyone else sick of this shit?

Let me get this straight....Jeff puts out some useful information to the private boater population (including a picture of his catch) and he is thanked by a few "hardcore" Bloodydeckers by basically talking shit about the size of his catch. That's fucked up!!!!

Who cares what you think about his (well, really his customers) catch. The topic of LEGAL cathes being bad mouthed (by a few) due to personal opinion is a tiresome discussion. It has no positive effect, so save the "awareness" bullshit, often leading to stupid arguements and then ultimately Surfdoc, or another moderator, closes the thread.

I got a better thought...next time you want to add your personal opinion on someone elses LEGAL catch, especially when they are attempting to help us all, please step away from your keyboard and enjoy a tall cold glass of SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!! Seriously, it is getting way out of hand around here. It seems, more and more, that threads are being ridiculed with opinions about what we can and can't gaff. Fuck, there is a book of rules that has determined this already so until the law changes....let it go!!!!!

I can name another fishing site where this shit happens all the time too, but I don't want to start a war, but most of us left that community because we were sick of it. So we turned to a bitchen place called "Bloodydecks" so we could break free from the PETA bullshit...you know what, I'm done ranting!

Jeff, thanks for the update as always...please keep the information coming as we appreciate the open communication with the guys who are out there doing this AS A LIVING.

:notworthy :notworthy :appl: :appl:

Eye Problem

If 1st you dont succeed, failure may be your style
Mar 26, 2003
Lake Forest
bdoutdoors.com
Name
Greg
Boat
AHOAGAIN
Thanks for saying what I was thinking Mike. Its getting real old reading all the armchair quarterbacks whine about the morality of a legal fish. I guess we can just add these boneheads to the ever growing ignore list.
By the way, thanks Jeff for the report, its much appreciated.