Okuma STCi-c861xh rod

Reeldealjojo

Jul 7, 2016
Oxnard
Name
Joe
Boat
None
Anyone familiar with the casting rod? Would like some feed back about this rod pros and cons please. I am looking to pair it with a Lexa 400 for surface iron for yellowtails.

Normslanding

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 13, 2010
Palmetto, Fl., USA
Name
Dave Spangler
Boat
Blue Heaven
Don't have cons. I fish plastics and smaller iron with mine. It casts will has a bend that suits me and is durable. Fit ans finish are nice, I would by another. I price is nice for what you get,

Reactions: Reeldealjojo

Reeldealjojo

Jul 7, 2016
Oxnard
Name
Joe
Boat
None
Don't have cons. I fish plastics and smaller iron with mine. It casts will has a bend that suits me and is durable. Fit ans finish are nice, I would by another. I price is nice for what you get,
Thanks for your feedback. I seen YouTube vids of the rod In action against some yellowtail. Looks like a good rod for the price.

Reeldealjojo

Jul 7, 2016
Oxnard
Name
Joe
Boat
None
I just got the STCi-c801xh online for $127 shipped. Haven't used it yet but I'm sure I will like it..
I just went ahead and ordered the 8'6" xh online as well. From what I've read and seen videos of, it seems like great bang for the buck. Should get it some time next week I hope. Can you post pics of yours if it's not too much trouble??

Yella1

So Fishy
Aug 24, 2017
San Diego, CA
Name
Jarrod
Boat
Pay to Play
Wow, those fuji guides look really nice. Checked the price online, seems like there's a lot of bang for the buck with this rod. It's on my wish list.

USMCfish

USMC-FISH
Sep 21, 2010
Point Loma
Name
Lee
Boat
Tuna Can
NICE looking stick for sure ... I may just have to pick one up for my komodo .. thanks for sharing guys

USMCfish

USMC-FISH
Sep 21, 2010
Point Loma
Name
Lee
Boat
Tuna Can
NICE looking stick for sure ... I may just have to pick one up for my komodo .. thanks for sharing guys

Yella1

So Fishy
Aug 24, 2017
San Diego, CA
Name
Jarrod
Boat
Pay to Play
I just got mine in last week. Paired up nice with Komodo 463 or Lexa 400. Feels well balanced with either one.
Wow, looks great with both reels. No kidding. Plus, I'm happy to meet another dude who cranks left handed. Can be limited options when shopping for reels. I'm trying to shop for a reasonably priced tuna reel for lefty. Possibly a Shimano Torium 30?? Any suggestions?

I actually have both exact reels that you have pictured that I'm considering pairing with this rod (when I finally pull the trigger and buy it). Gray Lexa 400 (left) and Komodo 450 (left). Bought a sweet Okuma PCH 7'6" Heavy to pair with the Komodo for Yellowtail, so maybe I'll put the Lexa on the SCT. Nice to have options, no?

Sorry this post is so dis-jointed. I'm just really excited to go fishing (been a while).

Can't wait for the pelagics to return to San Diego so we can get at them!

Reeldealjojo

Jul 7, 2016
Oxnard
Name
Joe
Boat
None
Wow, looks great with both reels. No kidding. Plus, I'm happy to meet another dude who cranks left handed. Can be limited options when shopping for reels. I'm trying to shop for a reasonably priced tuna reel for lefty. Possibly a Shimano Torium 30?? Any suggestions?

I actually have both exact reels that you have pictured that I'm considering pairing with this rod (when I finally pull the trigger and buy it). Gray Lexa 400 (left) and Komodo 450 (left). Bought a sweet Okuma PCH 7'6" Heavy to pair with the Komodo for Yellowtail, so maybe I'll put the Lexa on the SCT. Nice to have options, no?

Sorry this post is so dis-jointed. I'm just really excited to go fishing (been a while).

Can't wait for the pelagics to return to San Diego so we can get at them!
I'm in the market for a tuna reel too. I am right handed but prefer my bait casters as lefties. I just like the cast out right handed and not have to switch hands. I've learned to deal with my conventional reels due to the few choices you have with a lefty reel. I also feel better fighting a fish with the rod on my dominant hand and just cranking with my left. Just feels natural. I have just learned to deal with using right handed conventional reels. I like the talica 2 speeds though. Leaning towards that or an Accurate for tuna. I'm just getting into tuna. Just fish for yellowtail and cudas currently. The SCTi and Lexa 400 is my surface iron set up and the komodo and pch rod I use for flyline and yoyo. I have the 8' xh 30-60 PCH rod and it' a killer set up for Yellowtail.

Reactions: repo805

steelfish

the BBB, Baja Bass Boy..
Oct 16, 2008
Calexico, Ca / BAJA,Mexico
Name
Alex
Boat
Boatless
by chance do you guys know the difference of this SCTi vs the SCT albacore rods other than the lenght

lets say a SCTi MH vs SCT albacore MH?
I really like the SCTi rods but fishing from a Panga in Baja I feel better using a 6.6 or 7ft rod than a 8ft (albacore rods are 6.6 and 7ft) but dont know they cast a 3/4oz lure

writebrian

... and I'm 6'5"
Jan 16, 2007
Arizona
Name
Brian
Boat
Whoever is Hot that week
I just got the STCi-c801xh online for $127 shipped. Haven't used it yet but I'm sure I will like it..
I'm interested in that deal. Where was it ordered from?

MRC70

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 31, 2016
San Marcos, CA
Name
MRC
Boat
not yet
Go to fishusa.com and sign up for their email notifications. They will notify you every time they have specials going on. They sell lots of Okuma products.

Reeldealjojo

Jul 7, 2016
Oxnard
Name
Joe
Boat
None
by chance do you guys know the difference of this SCTi vs the SCT albacore rods other than the lenght

lets say a SCTi MH vs SCT albacore MH?
I really like the SCTi rods but fishing from a Panga in Baja I feel better using a 6.6 or 7ft rod than a 8ft (albacore rods are 6.6 and 7ft) but dont know they cast a 3/4oz lure
Sorry buddy I'm not familiar with that rod at all. Might be too short to get a good cast out of it. Also depends how far you need to cast out. Wish I had more positive input to your question.