Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 24, 2004
SD
Name
Bryan Z
Boat
36' Hatteras
If the reel needs service and Okuma is not doing service work are you just not going to use it? Are you too cheap to spend $100 bucks to fix a reel that you will use multiple times on a $500 to $5.000 fishing trip?
For our Okuma reels we offer limited warranties for a period of 1, 3 or 5 years.
Via their website

Buying a reel new, most people expect it to work for a year without having to spend money on a service.

I think you missed the point it's a reel that's less than 5 months old and under warranty.

Reactions: tony38
Upvote 0

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
For our Okuma reels we offer limited warranties for a period of 1, 3 or 5 years.
Via their website

Buying a reel new, most people expect it to work for a year without having to spend money on a service.

I think you missed the point it's a reel that's less than 5 months old and under warranty.
Still the question remains. Are just not going to use a reel because you can't get it fixed for free when you have a trip coming up?

tony38
tony38
"Intrepid Fan" if you buy a brand new car out the dealer, $100, 000 car and the engine breaks down at 10,000 miles not your fault, you expect the dealer to take care and fix it, "RIGHT" or are you going to spend 30,000 out of your pocket to fix it. IM sure you expect the dearler to stand behind the warranty right. thats all he is asking for OKUMA to stand behind his product and atleast reply back something
Reactions: dh515
Upvote 0

Calico Killer

Mar 8, 2008
W. LA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Boat
Still the question remains. Are just not going to use a reel because you can't get it fixed for free when you have a trip coming up?

Straw Man Fallacy​

A straw man fallacy occurs when someone takes another person’s argument or point, distorts it or exaggerates it in some kind of extreme way, and then attacks the extreme distortion, as if that is really the claim the first person is making.

OP's Point: A new Makaira reel has clicker issues after one trip of seemingly light usage. Instead of making it right, they don't respond to customer service emails.

No Cal Lou's Distortion: Is the OP just not going to use the reel on an expensive trip because he isn't going to personally fix an issue that appears to be Okuma's?

No Cal Lou's Attack of the Distortion: Calls the OP cheap for not fixing the issue himself.

That's not the point here. The point is that Okuma should respond to OP's emails about an issue with their reel that should be covered under warranty. Stop being an asshole Lou, I mean 'Intrepid Fan'.

Upvote 0

KXKH

Feb 28, 2018
NorCal
Name
Boat
19' Hobie
colbert-popcorn-popcorn.gif

Upvote 0

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none

Straw Man Fallacy​

A straw man fallacy occurs when someone takes another person’s argument or point, distorts it or exaggerates it in some kind of extreme way, and then attacks the extreme distortion, as if that is really the claim the first person is making.

OP's Point: A new Makaira reel has clicker issues after one trip of seemingly light usage. Instead of making it right, they don't respond to customer service emails.

No Cal Lou's Distortion: Is the OP just not going to use the reel on an expensive trip because he isn't going to personally fix an issue that appears to be Okuma's?

No Cal Lou's Attack of the Distortion: Calls the OP cheap for not fixing the issue himself.

That's not the point here. The point is that Okuma should respond to OP's emails about an issue with their reel that should be covered under warranty. Stop being an asshole Lou, I mean 'Intrepid Fan'.
But this point Okuma is not fixing the reel. If they are not fixing the reel than the warranty is useless.
Again, if you need the reel for a upcoming fishing trip what would you do?? Go and buy another reel because you can't get the one you have fixed under warranty?

Upvote 0

BENNETT

Admiral Muddy Waters
Sep 11, 2009
Insane Empire 909
Name
Mike
Boat
18 foot Parker "Work Boat"
Hi Les,
Let me know if you have any issues and I will put you in direct contact with customer service. You can reach me at [email protected] If there are any issues we will issue a call tag to pick up the reel from you and get it fixed and sent back to you ASAP.

RichardBluefin if you like Penn so much why you hanging out here and being a douche?

Mike Bennett

Upvote 0

LesNessman

Nov 28, 2019
Washington
Name
Steve
Boat
None
But this point Okuma is not fixing the reel. If they are not fixing the reel than the warranty is useless.
Again, if you need the reel for a upcoming fishing trip what would you do?? Go and buy another reel because you can't get the one you have fixed under warranty?
You are really stuck on stupid. Amazing. Did I ever even hint I was buying another reel? Or not going to use it? As I said more than once, I can fix it, I know the part I need, I am just concerned that I won't have the part in time for an upcoming trip.

Upvote 0

LesNessman

Nov 28, 2019
Washington
Name
Steve
Boat
None
Hi Les,
Let me know if you have any issues and I will put you in direct contact with customer service. You can reach me at [email protected] If there are any issues we will issue a call tag to pick up the reel from you and get it fixed and sent back to you ASAP.

RichardBluefin if you like Penn so much why you hanging out here and being a douche?

Mike Bennett
I called the number shown by a previous poster, the person I spoke with said they would get the part in the mail, my fingers are crossed that I get it in time.

Reactions: Cubeye and KXKH
Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler
    Oh. Since Intrepid fan suggested "Just send it to Ken's tackle in Oceanside." I assume he thought they did.
    Not sure then why you would send a reel under warranty to a place that actually charges to fix it if the factory fixes it for no cost.....?

Better fixed and fishable then checking your mailbox the day before your trip leaves and not having the reel to fish. Saving a few bucks does you no good then

Glad he got it worked out

Upvote 0

06GHOG

Jul 13, 2009
    Yucaipa, Ca, U.S.A
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    Not yet
    This is an OP error. Just emailing them will not do anything. OP needs to submit a ticket for repair and ship it out. All of my reels I've shipped to them comes back to my front door in 2-3 weeks, including a recent one about a month ago.
    Same here, got my Mak 15 back in 3 weeks, treated amazing via phone. Email only generated my return warranty numbers.

Reactions: KXKH
    Upvote 0