Anglewood

Up to no good...
Feb 16, 2012
Culver City, CA
Name
Connor
Boat
Intrepid, New Del Mar
I've dealt with Eddie and Okuma in the past and the customer service has always been excellent. Glad you had a good experience as well.

-Connor

Reactions: CDRPLG

vikebrian84

Jan 14, 2013
Los Angeles
Name
Brian
Boat
nope
They have the best customer service I have ever dealt with, fishing company or otherwise.

I dropped my mak 10 on concrete, I called them and was honest about it and they fixed it for free, I just had to pay to ship it to them.

Also needed longer bolts for the same reel on a 6470, they sent those for free the same day I called.

HoxFish

Family Crest - My Lure is True
Jan 17, 2007
A daydream about fish
Name
Aaron
Boat
Moo
I think a bunch of us have stories like this. They sent me drags for free a few years ago. They have worked hard to re-brand themselves into something much more positive than where they were around say 2005 +/-.

FishMonger88

Aug 24, 2015
Orange County
Name
Mike
Boat
None
I lost my clamp for one of my reels and called them up and they sent me a new one at no charge! Might take a while to get them on the phone but well worth the wait!

teddy1130

Nov 29, 2011
CA,USA
Name
TS
Boat
none
Ok,
So I needed a new Bolt for my Andros A 5NII Reel Clamp . Called Okuma and got a Hold of Eddie .
Told him what I needed , he put them in the mail Same Day @ No Charge .
Talk about GREAT Customer Service !!!
Thanks again Eddie .
Greg
Do you have the contact info for Eddie?

909MARIO

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 30, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Name
Mario
Boat
CABO 226 (Yamaha F250)
THEY ARE EXCELLENT!!!!!! SUPER FAST!!!!!!

jtj0026

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 17, 2006
Cerritos
Name
John
Boat
n/a
ditto

Ok,
So I needed a new Bolt for my Andros A 5NII Reel Clamp . Called Okuma and got a Hold of Eddie .
Told him what I needed , he put them in the mail Same Day @ No Charge .
Talk about GREAT Customer Service !!!
Thanks again Eddie .
Greg

littlefishess

May 3, 2009
S.F. California
Name
kam
Boat
nil
Glad to know more inform. I called several time the service department, all I got is wait and wait, No one respond and I send them email and got the reply the next day with same phone no#, got the same situation when I call. So I just give up for it. I bought a new Komodore KDR364P.

lasparky11

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 7, 2008
Ontario, CA USA
Name
Gene
Boat
X-wife she's so fat she floats
Sent my MakII to have it upgraded to an SEA. Took one week to get it done, fast & great job. I did have to call & talk to Eddie the hold time was 10 minutes answered all my questions with no problems. I did notice that when I was there today to pick up my reel that they have only 3 people who work the phones. I could be wrong but that would explain the long wait time. Email is a lot faster unless you need a right now answer.

Ripnsumlip

Hooooook upppppp!!!!
Jul 8, 2007
SoCal
Name
Paul
Boat
Edgewater 265CC
I had a Drag Cam shipped to me for free for my Metoloid 5II. Eddie helped me and followed up that I received it.
GREAT cutomer service. Since I am a hard core Shimano fan, I used to only buy Shimano. Now due to the quality, price and the OUTSTANDING customer service Eddie provided, I am considering Okuma products......