Scuba Chris

May 17, 2016
Kapolei, HI
Name
Christopher Takahashi
Boat
Christina Ann
I have to get them factory direct?

BTW, have you had a chance to use any of these 9ft rods? How are they?
For the HCS Menpachi rods I’m still using the 10’7”, 12’ & 13’. The 10’7” is extremely versatile. I haven’t used the 9’ in awhile. When I did I used the Blue Azores 4K with it. Over 10’ the Blue Azores 6K was perfect. For med light casting I’d use the 10’7 and up. Depends what you’re targeting. If you can tell me what you’re fishing for and the type of area you’ll be in I might get a better understanding of what I can recommend.

Reactions: Composite

Composite

Nov 18, 2015
Pittsburgh
Name
Nick
Boat
None
For the HCS Menpachi rods I’m still using the 10’7”, 12’ & 13’. The 10’7” is extremely versatile. I haven’t used the 9’ in awhile. When I did I used the Blue Azores 4K with it. Over 10’ the Blue Azores 6K was perfect. For med light casting I’d use the 10’7 and up. Depends what you’re targeting. If you can tell me what you’re fishing for and the type of area you’ll be in I might get a better understanding of what I can recommend.
I am actually considering these rods as walleye and channel cat rods with the option of traveling with them to Florida and using them to cast for jacks and snapper due too the 2-piece design.

The specs seem perfect for what I really want.

Reactions: Scuba Chris