stephen campbell

aka "Soup"
Jul 7, 2016
oro valley az
Name
Stephen Campbell
Boat
S/V Bluechablis Valiant 40
Any of you other out of town folks that didn't know until just now we won't be allowed night before boarding?

stack our stuff against the wall? wait for a cart? WOW-

Last edited:

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Is it customary on the boat you are riding that the night before trips you stay on the boat???? It is included in part of the trip itinerary ? What boat are you riding?

Tim Turis

Sep 16, 2004
Atlanta GA
Name
Tim Turis
Boat
n/a
“Soup” is on the XL as am I.

If the boat is in the night prior to departure and a crewmember is onboard, *most* times passengers are allowed to spend the night onboard. (As an aside, the after Thanksgiving trip usually does a full Thanksgiving dinner onboard).

My understanding spending the night onboard prior to this trip is not an option due to the requirement of passenger COVID testing prior to boarding.

TOTW

Time On The Water
  • Dec 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Name
    Chris L
    Boat
    Leo's
    Sorry about the inconvenience. It's gotta be tough when you're counting on that place to stay. Having just done a short trip that required a passing test prior to boarding, I have to say that I was thankful some are taking that precaution. Obviously, not a 100% guarantee, but I'm glad certain boats are taking safety and wellbeing seriously.

offshore6

Where's the tuna?
    Aug 20, 2006
    Indialantic, Florida
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    Boat Ho
    I am on this trip, too. I didn't even think that staying aboard the night before was even an option and I have been doing trips on the Excel for more than 20 years.I'm staying at the Ramada (would have been at the Vagabond but they are "closed for renovation").
    See You guys Wednesday AM.

Reactions: FishRock

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    The crew should be extra ready now. Some good fishing ahead :) The boat is usually informed before a known BD member boards.

Covid inconveniences strike again. For everyone's protection

Container ships backed up out of Long Beach. No foam. Can't get a rescue jet ski sled at browdown. Right now

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Wishing a great trip

Maybe the test can not be done the night before boarding. Then test again the next day, for the other passengers. Or other restriction reasons

My next trip. I want to fish the XL

Imo, very hard to judge the service industry this year. So much red tape, that civilians do not know about. That effect service

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Wait Im confused, why not just get a hotel or something if you get there a day early? Not bashing just curi

Wait Im confused, why not just get a hotel or something if you get there a day early? Not bashing just curious
    The only reason probably, "It cost $$$"

Reactions: Tugboat64

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Is it customary on the boat you are riding that the night before trips you stay on the boat???? It is included in part of the trip itinerary ? What boat are you riding?
    I sure don't think it's customary. All the L.R. Boats I've been on, Never invited passengers to stay on it the night before, Even when the boat was at the dock the day before.

wtrbrdm

1143 Miles From The Landing
    Apr 5, 2016
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    The X
    You're going fishing while I'll be stuck in Iowa for a few days........no sympathy....suck it up buttercup :-)

I get it. I also thought the same before this year's Ultra in Feb....due to Covid...no joy...room at the Ramada. I did tell Jason he should send that out in an email a bit earlier, as I know a lot of guys took advantage of that.

Have a great trip and make sure you smack Gallagher, aka Peaches, in the ass for me.

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    About the hotels around the landings. For shits and giggles, Humphreys Half Moon Inn on Shelter Island (5 min walk to the landings, It's just around the corner on Shelter Island Drive) The rooms cost about the same (a garden view rooms) as the Ramada Inn or Vagabond and the rooms are a lot nicer and bigger and it's a small resort that looks like your in Hawaii once inside the property. They have a gorgeous pool ,Jacuzzi and the tropical foliage all around the the property. They also have a pool bar and lots of eye candy when your sitting around the pool/bar before your trip. The hotel is even a great option if you want your wife, family, significant other, etc, to go a day or two before your trip or a day before your trip gets in and make a nice little vacation out of it, Instead of staying in some dive hotel that's over priced. Take a look at the hotel and pictures and the amenities, You'll be surprised at the cost of staying their and a little paradise just around the corner. ;) P.S they also have a great restaurant, bar and room service.

emptytank

Aug 10, 2007
    LAX
    Name
    Me
    Boat
    X
    oh The good old days, err I mean nights when you’d pull up at all different hours of the night and get in line the night before a trip. The guy or gal who got there first, was allowed on first. Soup, your old enough to remember those cold and sometimes wet nights standing out there all night not wanting to loose your place in line. Its a nice luxury to be allowed to spend the night on board the night prior to departure for a simple tip to a crew member of which many never paid. Be happy your going fishing and the boats are running. Dont let a minor adjustment ruin your trip.

Reactions: stephen campbell

Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
    Sep 8, 2017
    La Mirada/Whittier
    Name
    Logan
    Boat
    Wanting a bigger boat
    I just got back from a trip out of fisherman’s. Went down to the landing the day before trip and booked the Ramada. Price was 102$ish, split between 4 of us, well worth it. Beats having to get up at 2 am to drive down and be there by 4:30

Reactions: stephen campbell