Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
    Oct 1, 2009
    Green Valley, Az
    Name
    Lou Salatich
    Boat Name
    none
    Seems like every new reel they put out is problematic. Better stick to maks before they ruin their customer base
    Okuma is trying to hit a price point. What they don't seem to realize is that most serious fishermen will pay for superior reels. Yes there is a market for lesser priced reels but they have to make them dependable and they don't have to have all the bells and. whistles that a high end reel has.

Last edited:
    Reactions: wahbam and 2tuna
    Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
    Name
    Ian
    Boat Name
    Linda Vista
    I have been waiting on them for a while now, I was hoping the redesign would be out by July but I reckon August is ok too.

Upvote 0

Eric Ancog

Almost A Member
  • Mar 3, 2018
    Lakewood
    Name
    Eric Ancog
    Boat Name
    Independence, Shogun, Red Rooster III
    What happened to the alijos
    Seems every place I look it up it’s on backordered for months now

And anyone who does have one what is your review on it

The Alijos reels had problems with its drag, something about a tolerance issue on the drag plate because one the specs of the washer was too small. I bought one of these reels and had to send it in for service because of the drag problem right after I bought it. Its been over a year now that Okuma has had my reel in service. Its on back order almost everywhere because Okuma is fixing this issue and not releasing any more Alijos reels. Latest word I heard from one of the reps at Okuma is around Feb 2022.

Reactions: Squint and KXKH
    Upvote 0

jiggyn

Do you even fish?
    Jan 26, 2008
    Torrance
    Name
    Jerr
    Boat Name
    shit talking
    The Alijos reels had problems with its drag, something about a tolerance issue on the drag plate because one the specs of the washer was too small. I bought one of these reels and had to send it in for service because of the drag problem right after I bought it. Its been over a year now that Okuma has had my reel in service. Its on back order almost everywhere because Okuma is fixing this issue and not releasing any more Alijos reels. Latest word I heard from one of the reps at Okuma is around Feb 2022.
    thanks for the input
    wow Feb of next year

Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
    Name
    Ian
    Boat Name
    Linda Vista
    Ouch, I did not hear the Feb 2022...that is unfortunate.

Upvote 0

KXKH

Feb 28, 2018
    NorCal
    Name
    Boat Name
    19' Hobie
    I was really hoping that it would be available sometimes in the summer so I can grab one for my 10 day trip in the fall. Darn, I do hope they get it right this time though.

Reactions: jiggyn
    Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat Name
    Excel, American Angler

They've had your reel for over a year in the service dept? Fock that, no excuse for that kind of pathetic service

Reactions: Kaptain Karl
    Upvote 0

Kaptain Karl

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 20, 2008
    Bodega Bay
    Name
    Karl Kobler
    Boat Name
    2008 World Cat 320 EC twin Mercury v8 300 Verado “Freedom”
    Feb 22 is awful. I was going to get 4 this year, looks I’ll have to go another direction.

Reactions: FlatPack
    Upvote 0

Kaptain Karl

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 20, 2008
    Bodega Bay
    Name
    Karl Kobler
    Boat Name
    2008 World Cat 320 EC twin Mercury v8 300 Verado “Freedom”
    Any update on the Alijos?

Reactions: KXKH
    Upvote 0

Cubeye

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Kub
    Boat Name
    17' Gregor
    Good point. I don't know if these model numbers are the same as the original numbers, but if they did "upgrade" , I would think they would give the reels a different model or revised model number.

I.E..............Shimano's TLD 20 and 30 two speeds are now TLD 20A and 30A two speeds.

Upvote 0

backfisher

Jun 9, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Richard
    Boat Name
    If I only...
    Anybody have any new info on these reels? I was at my local Turners today and they had some Alijos reels. The guy behind the counter did not know if they were new or if they had been in the display case for a while🙄

Upvote 0