CMY SIX

ASSHOLE #2
Feb 5, 2011
Opelika Al USA
Name
quinn
Boat
exel last, next?
I have 2 two Penn TRQ 200's star drag {60 lbs jb hollow} I went on a 5 day last year. one of the reels worked FLAWLESSLY! drag was smooth! went on and backed off perfectly!! the other was horrible!!! jerky and when you tried to back the drag down it wouldn't under load, it was just terrible! I want it to work like the other one, I don't just want to take washers out, I want the high drag. I was using this one when I had probably a PB YT and pulled the hook because I couldn't back the drag off, send it to Penn? sav-on tackle? Alan you work on these? thanks!

I'm a Penn guy! 30 vsx, 16vsx, 12W Cal Sheets super 12 2 speed and these 2 TRQ 200's

Upvote 0

alantani

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 24, 2005
Saratoga, CA
Name
alan tani
Boat
grady white tournament 19, grady white journey 258
water intrusion into dry drags. piece of cake. it straight in, straight out. all you need is cal's grease and some tools and you can do this one yourself!

Upvote 0

tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Quinn,
Alan is on top of this as usual.
One other thing to double-check would be to make sure the drag star is not "cross-threaded".
Also, since you want the high drag, when re-assembling the washers, make sure you use the Versa-Drag configuration for "Heavy".
If you don't want to do it yourself, I THINK this is Alan's slow time of year!

Upvote 0

CMY SIX

ASSHOLE #2
Feb 5, 2011
Opelika Al USA
Name
quinn
Boat
exel last, next?
water intrusion into dry drags. piece of cake. it straight in, straight out. all you need is cal's grease and some tools and you can do this one yourself!

don't want too argue with an expert, but reel was brand new first time ever used star is not crossed threaded and the drag washers are set for high drag you can see something visibly different about the shaft that the star drag is on I popped this same question before going on this trip because the reels didn't seem identical?

Upvote 0

CMY SIX

ASSHOLE #2
Feb 5, 2011
Opelika Al USA
Name
quinn
Boat
exel last, next?
Quinn,
Alan is on top of this as usual.
One other thing to double-check would be to make sure the drag star is not "cross-threaded".
Also, since you want the high drag, when re-assembling the washers, make sure you use the Versa-Drag configuration for "Heavy".
If you don't want to do it yourself, I THINK this is Alan's slow time of year!
check back

Upvote 0

tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
check back

Its hard to go beyond the basics in a long-distance diagnosis.
Anything beyond that will require direct examination. Alan is of course great, and this is definitely the factory's slow time.
If you choose the latter, explain the reel is brand new, and include anything you have that shows the date/location you bought it.
They are usually very good about handling that kind of thing.

Upvote 0

alantani

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 24, 2005
Saratoga, CA
Name
alan tani
Boat
grady white tournament 19, grady white journey 258
yeah, it's the type of thing where having the reel in hand is most important. penn might be your best bet. alan

Upvote 0