Ok mother fuggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
Jun 26, 2004
With your Mom
Name
Jim Perkins
Boat
18' Center Console " D-Bar II "
Sucks.. looks like some butt holes who think they owned the woods... Public land belongs to everyone... Hunters should never act that way to one another..

nice bird by the way, hope they get a foothold and don't get killed off before hand

I'm not so sure the Dude was a hunter. Maybe a treehugger dressed in camo and carrying an gun just to blend in... his whole goal was to keep people out when that didn't work his #1 priority changed to busting out the birds. Another hunter would have at least tryied to jump a head of us towards the roost to jump them first, Not just chase them off!!!!

The pheasants are pretty thick in this area, in 5 years we will be over run with them :) if ya go for a hike of a 1/4-1/2 mile anywhere around here and keep you eyes open you'll see more then you expect to for sure!!! What a sad problem to have :D

Upvote 0

Swarthy Dago

Coredor de las olas
Aug 20, 2008
USA
Name
My name is Nobody
Boat
n/a
Sucks.. looks like some butt holes who think they owned the woods... Public land belongs to everyone... Hunters should never act that way to one another..

nice bird by the way, hope they get a foothold and don't get killed off before hand

yep I agree , maybe next time they will get more than stink eye, they walk in, fix their truck for them ! learn the hard way, i know that sucks and all............ but still , schoolin comes in many ways.

Upvote 0

fishyfingers22

stinkyfingers22
Jun 15, 2008
ramona ca
Name
sarge
Boat
22 wellcraft cc stinkyfingers
thay also just released a hole bunch for a hunting club .they are raised up off of mesa granda. there is also chuckers raised there. standered ring neck phesant you would find in the valley.hunted on private land . first time lerned alot they are real fast turkeys kicked my ass.lots of fun

Upvote 0

Vermonster

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
They were carrying guns.
A White Pathfinder or 4runner was what one guy was driving. Everone else in the area was way respectful of each other. Just left you a voice mail so i don't have to leave to many details to the area on here.

DISCLIMER********

I have a white 4-runner, and it wasn't me..... ;)

Don't go spreading that Jim, or I'll find my tires slashed. Maybe to be safe I'll just have you drive when we go out for birds later on.... ;)

Upvote 0

frijolitos

cause I eat alot of beans
Oct 26, 2005
left coasting and on the slide
www.mexonline.com
Name
Kurt
Boat
23 grady, 16 Lund

Attachments

• 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 20
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 22
Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Good stuff Kurt!
    I like the boat book cases too!

Upvote 0

sunburnkid

Oct 9, 2005
    Near ocean
    Name
    C B
    Boat
    cobra 12
    O.K.;; That is a chinese ring neck. Originally released into the wild of Oregon, mid willamette valley near a small agrecultural area known as Denny, south east of albany Oregon. The year was 1859. Igrew up there in the area. Mighty good eating as well. I was twelve years old when I took my first, which was accually a double kill single shot . The old Remington modle twelve was longer then I was tall.

Upvote 0

Afry

Capitán
    Jul 5, 2005
    Ramona, Ca
    Name
    Arnie
    Boat
    38 Mediterranean, 23 Key West
    A few years ago "My Country Club" released pheasant on top of Palomar Mtn. (private property) but found that the yokes wiped em out real quick. Hopefully these have a foothold.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    O.K.;; That is a chinese ring neck. Originally released into the wild of Oregon, mid willamette valley near a small agrecultural area known as Denny, south east of albany Oregon. The year was 1859. Igrew up there in the area. Mighty good eating as well. I was twelve years old when I took my first, which was accually a double kill single shot . The old Remington modle twelve was longer then I was tall.

I knew Pheasants were first introduced in the Willamette, but, my (poor) memory recalls the year being a bit later....I have 1897 popping into my pea brain. :confused:

Upvote 0

sunburnkid

Oct 9, 2005
    Near ocean
    Name
    C B
    Boat
    cobra 12
    You know you may be right , now that I think back, that may have been the year Oregon became a state, I`ll have to look that up now. Been years ago, too many.

Upvote 0

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
    Escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    Sean
    Boat
    I'm a Ho'.....
    I knew Pheasants were first introduced in the Willamette, but, my (poor) memory recalls the year being a bit later....I have 1897 popping into my pea brain. :confused:

An easy Google search. ;)

"The pheasant, like many Americans, is an immigrant to North America. The first successful introduction of pheasants to this country occurred in 1881 when Judge Owen Nickerson Denny (US consul to China) shipped 30 Chinese ringnecks (26 survived the journey) to his home in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. Eleven years later Oregon opened a 75-day season and hunters bagged 50,000 pheasants."

Damn, only 11 years later, and they bagged 50,000 pheasants???? :eek:

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    You were right , Looked it up , that was the year Oregon became a state. Man getting old sucks.

Thanks for the lookup....
    I'll be damned I got one right!:urno1::worship:

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    An easy Google search. ;)

"The pheasant, like many Americans, is an immigrant to North America. The first successful introduction of pheasants to this country occurred in 1881 when Judge Owen Nickerson Denny (US consul to China) shipped 30 Chinese ringnecks (26 survived the journey) to his home in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. Eleven years later Oregon opened a 75-day season and hunters bagged 50,000 pheasants."

Damn, only 11 years later, and they bagged 50,000 pheasants???? :eek:

Well I was sorta right.....I'll take it!
    You aint kiddin from 26 to 50,000+ in 11 yrs. :eek: :eek:

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
    Jun 26, 2004
    With your Mom
    Name
    Jim Perkins
    Boat
    DISCLIMER********

I have a white 4-runner, and it wasn't me..... ;)

Don't go spreading that Jim, or I'll find my tires slashed. Maybe to be safe I'll just have you drive when we go out for birds later on.... ;)

Thats the Idea blindfolded so you don't steal my new spot LOL

A few years ago "My Country Club" released pheasant on top of Palomar Mtn. (private property) but found that the yokes wiped em out real quick. Hopefully these have a foothold.

Arnie everyone down here see's them and knows about them there here for good. There were released down past Kitty's in KValley, they made it for quite a few years now just spreading out more and more. hopefully the become thick as the quail are :D

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Bunnies got nothin on Pheasant...

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Thats the Idea blindfolded so you don't steal my new spot LOL

Arnie everyone down here see's them and knows about them there here for good. There were released down past Kitty's in KValley, they made it for quite a few years now just spreading out more and more. hopefully the become thick as the quail are :D

I wasn't going to say anything. But, I've seen dozens and dozens of them out in fields and orchards along the 78 from Witch Ck. to Julian. Also, saw one towards public land S of the 78 out in a meadow. I figured he was a refugee/survivor from Eagle Pk. Ranch.
    Does EPR still release em for "hunts" and dog trials?....

Upvote 0

srfnkill

Feb 5, 2008
    La Mesa
    Name
    Sammy
    Boat
    9' longboard
    I have a friend out in campo who has them running around on his property. He thinks they were released on a private ranch rear by and the ones that were not shot moved on to his. He has actual caught a few that have ran into his open pins looking for food.

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
    Jun 26, 2004
    With your Mom
    Name
    Jim Perkins
    Boat
    I have a friend out in campo who has them running around on his property. He thinks they were released on a private ranch rear by and the ones that were not shot moved on to his. He has actual caught a few that have ran into his open pins looking for food.

Lets go hunt your buddies place!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
    Escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    Sean
    Boat
    I'm a Ho'.....

Huh, didn't I return something you lost one time? I can think of a way to repay me..... ;)

:D

Upvote 0

HAYMAN

HAYMAN
    Jan 18, 2006
    BigSky Country
    Name
    Eddie
    Boat
    Q 105 4 10 Days
    Jim, that would be the Phasianus colchicus with quite possibly a spot of lophura nycthemera crossed in by the lighter plumage on the back. Nice looking bird. :)

Upvote 0