Ok mother fuggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
Jun 26, 2004
With your Mom
Name
Jim Perkins
Boat
18' Center Console " D-Bar II "
I know..............
........ I said I wouldn't be back, but this is to cool not to share.
I've told quite a few of you about the pheasants running around on my property. Well coming home yesterday I caught one on film, running from the main road onto my nieghbors property. Finally got one to hold still long enough to get a crappy cell phone pic. Don't know what kind it is or what the regs woud be on hunting them(wouldn't hunt it anyways to cool to see them), but heres a pic for all of you.

BTW Me and Dave had the birds on the roost yesterday morning and some dickhead blew it for everyone(other people besides me and dave waiting on the birds to leave the roost)...... by busting the gobbling birds off the roost at first light......Treehugger in Camo???????????????? Cause not a shot was fired at the birds????????? And he was trying to pick fights in the parking area?????????? Then blows the birds out so noone gets a shot??????????
Anyways Thats public land hunting and its still fun creeping around in the dark with guns and camo LOL

If anyone can tell what kind of Pheasants these are I'd like to know what kind. Theres actually quite a few of them both roosters and hens that are running wild around here(i heard that a guy 1 mile or so south released 200 birds)...Maybe the new non-native huntable species around these parts :D

Attachments

• pheasant.jpg
    pheasant.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Tough call from the pic. I thought I'd be able to nail it. I do see a white ring around his neck though. I'm sure you'd know if it was a standard issue Chinese Ringneck.:confused:

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
    Jun 26, 2004
    With your Mom
    Name
    Jim Perkins
    Boat
    It looks like a cross between Reeve's and Common ringneck. I've only shot one Pheasant ever and I didn't think it looked the same , but maybe just A ringneck and my memory is going to shit, but the white band(ring) around its neck seems 4 times wider than the one I shot!!!
    what ever kind it is theres a ton of these birds around here if you, just look while your walking around!!!!!

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    It looks like a cross between Reeve's and Common ringneck. I've only shot one Pheasant ever and I didn't think it looked the same , but maybe just A ringneck and my memory is going to shit, but the white band(ring) around its neck seems 4 times wider than the one I shot!!!
    what ever kind it is theres a ton of these birds around here if you, just look while your walking around!!!!!

I'll be over in an hour:2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1:
    BTW I like Dons bacon after a pheasant shoot Jimbo....You holdin?

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
    Jun 26, 2004
    With your Mom
    Name
    Jim Perkins
    Boat
    was it a treehugger or hunter that was starting shit? and wtf was he trying to do?

Dave and I were the first ones to park in the area. Then jack off parks his truck across the way into the hunting area and as we fishing suiting up and start to head in he just starts in on us. "your not hunting here, I'm hunting in here, Don't you go in there!!! if you go in there your fucking up!!!!" and so on The area is huge bro!!! He was either a tree hugger or some one that has absolutly no clue.... cause at the time these birds were getting ready to leave the roost he and 2 buddies went and blew them off the roost while flipping me off???????????

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Dave and I were the first ones to park in the area. Then jack off parks his truck across the way into the hunting area and as we fishing suiting up and start to head in he just starts in on us. "your not hunting here, I'm hunting in here, Don't you go in there!!! if you go in there your fucking up!!!!" and so on The area is huge bro!!! He was either a tree hugger or some one that has absolutly no clue.... cause at the time these birds were getting ready to leave the roost he and 2 buddies went and blew them off the roost while flipping me off???????????
    Somethings never change........Anybody with private land holding game wanna trade electrical work for access privileges(or vice versa)?
    Maybe the :finger: was just a friendly salute? Maybe a BDer and not a treehugger...

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
    Jun 26, 2004
    With your Mom
    Name
    Jim Perkins
    Boat
    did they have guns or bows when they went in? and what were they driving?

They were carrying guns.
    A White Pathfinder or 4runner was what one guy was driving. Everone else in the area was way respectful of each other. Just left you a voice mail so i don't have to leave to many details to the area on here.

And Carl no I don't have any Bacon!!!!

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Mongolian Ringnecked Pheasant.........

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
    Jun 26, 2004
    With your Mom
    Name
    Jim Perkins
    Boat
    Mongolian Ringnecked Pheasant.........

When you hunt all morning long for nothing and your driving home with a 12gauge in the gunrack and theres a bird that big right next to you house.....its hard to stay an honest man :) If I was the same way I was 20 years ago that bird might not be living right now. :Death_To_Above:

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    When you hunt all morning long for nothing and your driving home with a 12gauge in the gunrack and theres a bird that big right next to you house.....its hard to stay an honest man :) If I was the same way I was 20 years ago that bird might not be living right now. :Death_To_Above:
    I know the feeling. I did some things when I younger that I'm not proud of now.....
    In fact, I did some things last night........Ooops don't wanna threadjack LOL

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
    Jun 26, 2004
    With your Mom
    Name
    Jim Perkins
    Boat
    I know the feeling. I did some things when I younger that I'm not proud of now.....
    In fact, I did some things last night........Ooops don't wanna threadjack LOL

But I thought you don't drink anymore LOL

Upvote 0

Cuernos

Jan 7, 2010
    Santucky
    Name
    Raul
    Boat
    I'll Split The Gas And Bait
    What a Bastard. I wouldnt put up with that shit. Was this in the same spot we talked about? I knew that place was going to be a problem opening day.

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
    ramona /ca/usa
    Name
    doug
    Boat
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    I know..............
    ........ I said I wouldn't be back, but this is to cool not to share.
    I've told quite a few of you about the pheasants running around on my property. Well coming home yesterday I caught one on film, running from the main road onto my nieghbors property. Finally got one to hold still long enough to get a crappy cell phone pic. Don't know what kind it is or what the regs woud be on hunting them(wouldn't hunt it anyways to cool to see them), but heres a pic for all of you.

BTW Me and Dave had the birds on the roost yesterday morning and some dickhead blew it for everyone(other people besides me and dave waiting on the birds to leave the roost)...... by busting the gobbling birds off the roost at first light......Treehugger in Camo???????????????? Cause not a shot was fired at the birds????????? And he was trying to pick fights in the parking area?????????? Then blows the birds out so noone gets a shot??????????
    Anyways Thats public land hunting and its still fun creeping around in the dark with guns and camo LOL

If anyone can tell what kind of Pheasants these are I'd like to know what kind. Theres actually quite a few of them both roosters and hens that are running wild around here(i heard that a guy 1 mile or so south released 200 birds)...Maybe the new non-native huntable species around these parts :D

this look like the same bird?

Attachments

• 032.jpg
      032.jpg
      359.3 KB · Views: 32
    • 031.jpg
      031.jpg
      351.6 KB · Views: 29
    Upvote 0

frijolitos

cause I eat alot of beans
    Oct 26, 2005
    left coasting and on the slide
    www.mexonline.com
    Name
    Kurt
    Boat
    23 grady, 16 Lund
    it is a cross but I'm not sure how they got them that way. Here's mine that my dad had stuffed for me.....I shot it when I was 11 and he thought it would be a cool gift for me, even though it's still at his house!! it was only my 3rd pheasant at that time, but many have been slueced since then!

Attachments

• 029.JPG
      029.JPG
      232.9 KB · Views: 33
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    That's a Chinese Ringneck.....And a much clearer pic Doug,...

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
    Jun 1, 2006
    Lakeside
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    sold! / cattle boat
    Very cool to see these birds in our backyards! I saw a wild turkey in the bush while leaving El Cap last weekend..

Upvote 0

sportyg

Nov 29, 2009
    Back in Socal
    www.huntershelpinghunters-USA.org
    Name
    Gordy
    Boat
    N/A
    Sucks.. looks like some butt holes who think they owned the woods... Public land belongs to everyone... Hunters should never act that way to one another..

nice bird by the way, hope they get a foothold and don't get killed off before hand

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
    Jun 26, 2004
    With your Mom
    Name
    Jim Perkins
    Boat
    this look like the same bird?

Your not the neighbor I was talking about, but it looks like you are seeing them too!!!!! Dude up on my back hill(between your house and mine) there was a shit load of hens last week. Looks like I need a good bird dog :D Hopefully momma will let me get one ;)

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
    Jun 26, 2004
    With your Mom
    Name
    Jim Perkins
    Boat
    What a Bastard. I wouldnt put up with that shit. Was this in the same spot we talked about? I knew that place was going to be a problem opening day.
    Yea man way in the back of there!!!! The birds are running a different patern than when you hunted them though, found the roost anyhow :D

it is a cross but I'm not sure how they got them that way. Here's mine that my dad had stuffed for me.....I shot it when I was 11 and he thought it would be a cool gift for me, even though it's still at his house!! it was only my 3rd pheasant at that time, but many have been slueced since then!
    Cool I need to get me some shit mounted!!!!

Very cool to see these birds in our backyards! I saw a wild turkey in the bush while leaving El Cap last weekend..

Yea the reason you saw it cause is safe there, if it was in a hunting area you'd never see one...unless they are out of season.

Upvote 0