OK Knoty, Spring Camp is Around the Corner

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by BiggestT, Feb 23, 2016.

1. BiggestT

BiggestT I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Utah basketball is shaping up to make a potentially deep run (again) in the NCAA Tournament, while Ohio St may get an invite to the NIT? But let's just stick to to football.

Utah loses two time Ray Guy Award winning punter Tom Hackett, but they're replacing him with another Aussie punter, Mitch Wishnowsky. Mitch is 6'3" and 225 lbs. Reportedly has a boomer of a leg with excellent baskspin, but does not have the accuracy and placement of Hackett. However, he ran a 4.55 in the 40 at practice this week. Imagine the fake punt possibilities with that speed? Just some food for thought.

http://www.blocku.com/utah-football...891868/utah-football-signs-k-mitch-wishnowsky

Utah's RB Joe Williams, he ran a 4.35 in the 40 this week during practice:

http://www.utehub.com/forums/topic/why-im-excited-for-joe-williams-to-be-our-starting-rb/

Utah is projected to have one of the best Offensive Lines in the PAC 12:

GREAT SHAPE

USC: The Trojans should have one of the strongest offensive lines the league -- maybe the entire country. USC returns all five of its starters, with a few more to spare. Zach Banner and Viane Talamaivao fill up the right side, with Damien Mama and Chad Wheeler on the left. Toa Lobendahn anchors the group at center. And just in case additional depth is needed, Chad Wheeler, Nico Falah,Chris Brown, Chuma Edoga, Damien Mama and Khaliel Rodgers all have starts. Deep and experienced should make for a good combination.

Utah: The Utes return four of five starters, which should help whoever wins the starting quarterback job get acclimated quicker. Sam Tevi and J.J. Dielmanoccupy the tackles, while Isaac Asiata is at left guard. Salesi Uhatafe and Hiva Lutui split time at right guard, but both are back. Also back is Jackson Barton, who didn’t start but saw a lot of time at left tackle. Redshirt freshman Darrin Paulo and JC transfer Garett Bolles are a couple of guys to watch. Bolles was tabbed by one service as the No. 1 JC recruit and was a first-team NJCAA All-American.

Secondary was rated to be in Great Shape:

Utah: For as much worry as there is about replacing a trio of linebackers, the Utes should feel pretty good about the defensive backfield. Starters Dominique Hatfield and Reginald Porter are back at corner, nickel back Justin Thomas returns and free safety Marcus Williams -- a first-team all-league selection as a sophomore – comes back as the headliner of the group. If Chase Hansen comes back from injury healthy – and stays at safety – the hope is he can fill in for the departed Tevin Carter, who was the Las Vegas Bowl MVP. Keep an eye on Brian Allen as well. The 6-foot-3 corner came on strong at the end of last season.

The DL will be exceptionally strong again , and as noted they have to replace all three starting linebackers, but they recruited strongly there with a top 50 JuCo linebacker in the country coming in.

The big question mark is the new QB. They've got Troy Williams, a top 50 JuCo transfer from Santa Monica via UW and Narbonne HS. Troy lit it up at Santa Monica, passing for 2700 yards with a 68% completion rate, 34 TDs against just 4 INTs, plus another 7 TDs rushing. Troy should be the starter at QB.

2. KnotyBuoyz

KnotyBuoyz Not so newbie anymore

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Ok Big T, message received loud and clear. We no doubt have some work to do to get ready for next season, but we all know Urb can get it done. Do not discount the backups who got some some playing time last season, as they did not indicate a big drop in talent. Couple that with a top five recruiting class and you have a something to work with.

I think I read where we are loosing around 18-19 starters, many will be playing on Sunday. Even the Utes would feel those losses right?

Referee ruled that NIT hoops comment a flagrant foul, so no points for that.:shake: I do like Utahs team and think you are right. They have the talent to make elite 8 and I wish them luck.

3. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    OK, a little update here. Utah landed a late 2016 Commit yesterday in Maxs Tupai, a 4 star local Utah kid who had offers from all over, but was deciding between UCLA, Oklahoma, USC and Utah at the end. Recruited at DE, he's 6' 2" tall, 255 lbs and faster than heck. Seeing as Utah has two returning All Conference DEs in Hunter Dimick and Kylie Fitts, I suspect that Tupai will see time at LB where Utah lost all 3 starters.

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/uofusports/3578323-155/utah-football-de-maxs-tupai-signing

http://www.utahutes.com/collegesportslive/?media=520359

This kid is a beast. Crazy good. In the 4+ minute range of this reel, he runs down a receiver from 10 yards back. They say that his tackles sound like a car accident.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2896423/maxs-tupai

And yes, I know that St. Urban will reload. Utah owes its current stature to the legacy of St. Urban. Little know fact, Urban had the 4th rated recruiting class assembled in his final year at Utah, then he left and most of those recruits decommitted. The man can recruit.

4. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    OK, a little update here. Utah landed a late 2016 Commit yesterday in Maxs Tupai, a 4 star local Utah kid who had offers from all over, but was deciding between UCLA, Oklahoma, USC and Utah at the end. Recruited at DE, he's 6' 2" tall, 255 lbs and faster than heck. Seeing as Utah has two returning All Conference DEs in Hunter Dimick and Kylie Fitts, I suspect that Tupai will see time at LB where Utah lost all 3 starters.

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/uofusports/3578323-155/utah-football-de-maxs-tupai-signing

http://www.utahutes.com/collegesportslive/?media=520359

This kid is a beast. Crazy good. In the 4+ minute range of this reel, he runs down a receiver from 10 yards back. They say that his tackles sound like a car accident.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2896423/maxs-tupai

5. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10

Ok Big T, come Sunday night we are going to know if you are right on that first post shot at my Bucks, or if a potential Cinderella is wearing Scarlet and Gray.

While there is not much in my favor when it comes to this debate, there is this; in the unlikely event that either of our teams wins it, I like my return on investment better than yours. Good luck :D

6. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    My ROI is infinite. Employer paid for 100% of my MBA at USC. And it has paid off in spades, like Obama and Bernie hate me and want me to pay a little more.

7. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10

That sounds good so congrats. But I was referring to ROI of 500:1 for my Bucks vs 65:1 for Utes if they won the tourney. Mine will drop to zero tomorrow as they are not getting in.

Saw an article that every team in the league showed up Friday for Bucks pro day. Wondering how often that happens?

8. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Hard to figure out what you were referring to in your post. In general, those overall tourney bets are money losers. Utah has a chance of winning it, but I think they get to the round of 16. They could beat Mich St. as I don't think they are all that. I base that assessment on the fact that all 5 Mich St. losses were in Conference and on the road, yet 100% of their Out of Conference Schedule was played at home. They took no risk and basically mailed in an SEC type OOC Schedule for Football. I was not overly impressed with the B1G in hoops.

9. Gil Marlin

Gil Marlin World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    19.655' Aluminum
    Is this a private conversation or does no one else give a shit??? :D

10. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    It is open to anyone who gives a shit. At least you gave enough to ask, thanks for coming.;)

11. Gil Marlin

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    19.655' Aluminum
    Go Orangemen!!!

12. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Hey Gil, since this is seemingly off topic and or silly questions week, I have to ask, are you watching the Aztecs hoops game tonite or going to the bieber concert????? :D

BiggestT likes this.
  13. Gil Marlin

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    19.655' Aluminum
    I should have gone to the concert...

KnotyBuoyz likes this.
  14. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Concur, much better to watch young chicks over bricks the Aztecs were putting up. I'm thinking you had just as good of chance of scoring? Based on that thread Big T put up with your name on it, I am giving him an assist.:D