tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
God damn, that's a sweet boat! Looks like it catches, too. Love the last shot, that's one for the wall for sure.

Upvote 0

Loboinventura

Jun 17, 2009
Santa Barbara
Name
Wayne Mills
Boat
26 Wilson
Here is a Wislon up for sale with similar lines.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/boa/5212299520.html
Yea I saw it nice boat but all old technology. That drive has a transmission it is a good drive but parts are be coming hard to find.
Sleeps 4? if you like spooning your drunk buddy. Could easily be a live aboard I know the tiny house is the craze but tiny boat house? Hope you like Military MRE,s and shitting in a bucket. 55gallon bait tank that's the problem with us men our math is bad I have a 10in D#$% too. This smells of a broker that knows just enough to be stupid. These years had glassed tanks for fuel it looks like it has been changed I would check that too. 15k Id say is more like it. plus check real good for soft spots. LP is no plus now if you want gel coat you have to grind all that off. OK That's my 2 cents

Upvote 0

zlopo

Jun 16, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Zach
Boat
Boat ho/cattle
Beautiful restoration. I just wonder why nobody does the rear hatches to have a flush fit with the rest of the deck instead of leaving the offset? Just seems like it would make it safer and easier to maneuver especially while in a hot bite

Upvote 0

Loboinventura

Jun 17, 2009
Santa Barbara
Name
Wayne Mills
Boat
26 Wilson
Beautiful restoration. I just wonder why nobody does the rear hatches to have a flush fit with the rest of the deck instead of leaving the offset? Just seems like it would make it safer and easier to maneuver especially while in a hot bite
As Scwafish said it keeps water out of hold and if you have water in the bilge or holds you have a real problem. These boats from SB are called wet deck boats all water flows on and off the decks out the scuppers.I had a Mako when I was young and the holds were flat but then like alot of boats they are below the water line so you ask the bilge pump to keep you alive all the time. In my boat I can open the fish hold and the water will only fill to the outside water level and stabilize. So in big seas I like and want a self bailing deck boat. Not one that pours into the engine room or holds below with a common flow line bow to stern then ask a pump to keep me going. After your sun flower seed eating buddy has just Fu$#%^ you by jamming the pump.

Upvote 0

Loboinventura

Jun 17, 2009
Santa Barbara
Name
Wayne Mills
Boat
26 Wilson
As Scwafish said it keeps water out of hold and if you have water in the bilge or holds you have a real problem. These boats from SB are called wet deck boats all water flows on and off the decks out the scuppers.I had a Mako when I was young and the holds were flat but then like alot of boats they are below the water line so you ask the bilge pump to keep you alive all the time. In my boat I can open the fish hold and the water will only fill to the outside water level and stabilize. So in big seas I like and want a self bailing deck boat. Not one that pours into the engine room or holds below with a common flow line bow to stern then ask a pump to keep me going. After your sun flower seed eating buddy has just Fu$#%^ you by jamming the pump.

IMG_20150926_144857735-1.jpg

IMG952015092695144847723-1.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_7466.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_7334.jpg

IMG_7318.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_6984.jpg

IMG_7418.JPG

IMG_7245.jpg

Upvote 0

Loboinventura

Jun 17, 2009
Santa Barbara
Name
Wayne Mills
Boat
26 Wilson
wayne looks like you have been getting some good use out of that boat!!!

It has been a good year Started Yellows and Bluefin and ending wide on the marlin. I had 9 out of 12 hook ups in two days all on bait. Was the best fishing I have ever seen cast a bait to feeding Marlin then bit on 30 to 40lb test with 60 lb Floro leader right in the corner. Thanks for the help Ill bring you some smoked Marlin great. Lots of work that started a year from now but was ready for this only couple of chances in a life opportunity. Thanks again for your help. Now see what this ending will bring us lots of big Blue marlin and Wahoo have been caught below Catalina and Blue fin off Moro and Monterey this still has the potential to get more interesting.

IMG_7500.jpg

IMG_7501.jpg

Upvote 0

SurfSeeker

Captain
Jan 8, 2014
Santa Barbara
Name
Taylor
Boat
Radon 15 "Bixby Bandit" (SOLD), Hawkins 10, 17' Outrage
You are slaying the fish! Have you calculated any fuel numbers yet? I can't believe how well this project has turned out and how many fish it is catching!

Upvote 0

Loboinventura

Jun 17, 2009
Santa Barbara
Name
Wayne Mills
Boat
26 Wilson
You are slaying the fish! Have you calculated any fuel numbers yet? I can't believe how well this project has turned out and how many fish it is catching!
In the real world full fuel bait tank full ice Etc about 2.5 to 2.25 nautical miles a gallon and as low as 2 if weather is bad and full up hill.
A cool pic is the fish finder at 60ft is my down-rigger a faint lie then is a school of mackerel then last is 2 Marlin next bingo on we got one. This chirp wide view is the shit not good deep but is awesome down to 300ft
I have 16 marlin to the boat this year 2 killed as they were messed up drug back words some day I will wake up and this will be over. This will never be repeated in my life time but can only hope after the 83 event we had great Albacore years for 4 to 5 after.

last two goals 20M to the boat and at least 1 Wahoo on the 50 fathom curve or down to the 17 in the 805

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0680 (1).jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

Upvote 0

Hunter gatherer

Fir Na Tine
Jul 25, 2015
Northern California
Name
Jeff
Boat
Grady White Seafarer 228G
You certainly have some cool skills Wayne. Nice boat and nice fish. Congratulations! You are the King. :worship:

Upvote 0

Loboinventura

Jun 17, 2009
Santa Barbara
Name
Wayne Mills
Boat
26 Wilson
One more Outside Gull 6 hours nothing then I watched one come through the troth and eat the bait. My buddy Miko shot some shots for me. But I felt we were sweeping up after the party as no visuals water streaky. I Was going to go Sunday to the 17 spot but this happened Saturday. Uncle Tito Vodka showed up to my birthday and at 57 lets just say I could not rise for the challenge.Plus I think my wife did it so she did not have to go she gets tired of getting yelled at for not fallowing proper procedures.LOL

IMG_7588.jpg

IMG_7589.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

errock_22

It wont happen if you don’t go
Apr 6, 2008
Ventura / SB
Name
Eric B.
Boat
F/V El Tiburon - 25’ Custom Anderson
Damn Wayne! How many is that now?
We should enter you in the Billfish World Championship. :lux::appl:

Nice work....

Upvote 0

chatt

Chasing fish
May 8, 2012
Lompoc, Pt. Arguello Ca.
Name
chatt
Boat
Radon 21
WOW!! You're boat is smokin hot!! Just spent a little time checking it all out. What a beautiful job u did. I'm also lookin at the same motor for my build, do you have enough reserve power if you need it? I'm hoping not too have to go any bigger than that. Just wondering. Oh and I'm going too put it on my 21 radon that's just about ready. Again that boat is bitchin.

Upvote 0

Loboinventura

Jun 17, 2009
Santa Barbara
Name
Wayne Mills
Boat
26 Wilson
THE 225 IS Fine but you can never have to much power the 250 weighs the same.If you are buying new I would just pay the 700 more and get the 250HP.
The thing I like most about my motor is it's a 30in shaft motor the power head sits way high and dry even in fallowing seas at rest. Some Boats Ive been on the motor sits low to the water while getting on plane and at rest they are real low so more of a chance for water to get into the cowling. I think Honda's even have a problem with this and the two bottom plugs get frozen. 4 bladed prop works great for power but lose a little on the fuel economy but is real nice loaded or in big seas. So that's what I have experienced but like always take your mechanics advice but ask him thees questions. They are nice package especially if your motor is new with nema 2000 plug right into you meters then you get all the motor information on the fish finder or gps just one small cable. Oh one more thought put a big red light were you can see it while motor is running so you do not try to start it while it's running they are so quite.

Upvote 0

chatt

Chasing fish
May 8, 2012
Lompoc, Pt. Arguello Ca.
Name
chatt
Boat
Radon 21
THE 225 IS Fine but you can never have to much power the 250 weighs the same.If you are buying new I would just pay the 700 more and get the 250HP.
The thing I like most about my motor is it's a 30in shaft motor the power head sits way high and dry even in fallowing seas at rest. Some Boats Ive been on the motor sits low to the water while getting on plane and at rest they are real low so more of a chance for water to get into the cowling. I think Honda's even have a problem with this and the two bottom plugs get frozen. 4 bladed prop works great for power but lose a little on the fuel economy but is real nice loaded or in big seas. So that's what I have experienced but like always take your mechanics advice but ask him thees questions. They are nice package especially if your motor is new with nema 2000 plug right into you meters then you get all the motor information on the fish finder or gps just one small cable. Oh one more thought put a big red light were you can see it while motor is running so you do not try to start it while it's running they are so quite.
LOL... Ya I know what u mean. I really think the more and more I go over this the 250 will probably be the way too go. I never gave allot of thought about shaft length. I will definetly take this info and roll it over too the mechanics that install it. Thanks

Upvote 0

chatt

Chasing fish
May 8, 2012
Lompoc, Pt. Arguello Ca.
Name
chatt
Boat
Radon 21
LOL... Ya I know what u mean. I really think the more and more I go over this the 250 will probably be the way too go. I never gave allot of thought about shaft length. I will definetly take this info and roll it over too the mechanics that install it. Thanks
Oh!!youve givin me allot too think about thank you again for you're help. Woke up this morning goin over you're reply thanks again I hope too run into ya some day on the water.

Reactions: sbsurfer
Upvote 0