masonjazz

Almost A Member
Apr 2, 2012
santee
Name
david
Boat
21eliminator
Good job dad, can't wait to get my son or daughter out there and enjoy a hunting experience like that...:cheers:

Upvote 0

Vermonster

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Sean,

Congrats to you and your son.......It will be a moment you both will never forget.......8-)

Hey Steve, I am sure you probably heard, but I guess this was the gobbler that Matagi had roosted for his son, but the idiot in the Jeep screwed him up on. It flew from their side of the road as we were driving past. I wish I had known that it was him parked there and I would have stopped on my way out......

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Congratulations on a great hunt, that kid looks like a Rockstar now and 2 months into his hunting license he's 1 ahead of a lot of us! Kudos to Madbuck we need more guys like him!

Upvote 0

ilovecalicos

May 4, 2010
escondido, ca. usa
Name
steve
Boat
14' camo alumicraft
Hey Steve, I am sure you probably heard, but I guess this was the gobbler that Matagi had roosted for his son, but the idiot in the Jeep screwed him up on. It flew from their side of the road as we were driving past. I wish I had known that it was him parked there and I would have stopped on my way out......

Sean,

Kind of thought it was because of the story I had heard earlier.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
What Sean lacks in hunting skills he's been making up for in being a kick ass DAD. Good job man. :D

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
BTW how are the ticks this year? I haven't been up in a month.

Upvote 0

GLASS PADDY

Invisible Man
Feb 16, 2009
ABOUT 20 FEET UP
Name
DOUG
Boat
GLASS PADDY
Using the numbers you gave this bird has a total score of 64.5625, That puts it at 25 on the NWTF registry for the state of Ca. Very cool. The spurs gave it a nice boost.:appl:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Using the numbers you gave this bird has a total score of 64.5625, That puts it at 25 on the NWTF registry for the state of Ca. Very cool. The spurs gave it a nice boost.:appl:

Thanks Doug. I notice you and another guy I know got beards in the 11" range, but the spurs on my son's bird were longer than both. He actually really likes that part of it. he's trying to figure out how he wants them displayed..... LOL

Upvote 0

GLASS PADDY

Invisible Man
Feb 16, 2009
ABOUT 20 FEET UP
Name
DOUG
Boat
GLASS PADDY
Thanks Doug. I notice you and another guy I know got beards in the 11" range, but the spurs on my son's bird were longer than both. He actually really likes that part of it. he's trying to figure out how he wants them displayed..... LOL
I have a buddy who's a taxidermist who lives in Lakeside who does an incredible job with the tail the beard and the Spurs on a really nice display pretty affordable stuff too but I would put his work up against anybody's I can put you in touch with him if you want to talk to him

Upvote 0

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
I have a buddy who's a taxidermist who lives in Lakeside who does an incredible job with the tail the beard and the Spurs on a really nice display pretty affordable stuff too but I would put his work up against anybody's I can put you in touch with him if you want to talk to him

Sure, if you want to shoot me his info, I might look at it. I already have the tail all pinned/boraxed, and the beard and feet dried. Just need to mount them somehow.....

Upvote 0

bajaandy

Condition One
Jun 13, 2008
Escondido
Name
Andy
Boat
Parker 2530 "WET-O's"
SWEET !!! Very stoked for you and your boy. What an awesome hunt and a terrific success! Well done on all counts!

Upvote 0