NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
www.oldspoolfishingcharters.com
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
Thanks for the report BUT shame on you for killing those baby 4 lb, Dorado in the 1st pics
Always going to be one guy on BD...

Can guarantee no dorado we caught was under 6 pounds. All ranged 6-15 pounds. This was a report, not meant to be anything more or less. Lets not get negative here.

Reactions: slydawg

Fins in the Bin

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 10, 2004
Jamul
Name
used to fish
Boat
50 Silverton
Matt,
There's a lot of great info, thanks for the detailed report! Im guessing the wet haired ones are your shooters! very cool I'm going to start shooting this year too.

Hollis Harris

Jul 6, 2017
Riverside, ca
Name
Randy
Boat
Sea hunt
Simply one of the best reports I have ever read on this board, thank you for all the info, It all helps us to do better on the water.

NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
Got on it again today. 312 is the area. Green water on 209 and 267

You will hear it here first...BIG BFT are LOCAL and in some crazy volume!! Under an hour run from Newport Harbor. We hooked one but lost it and it was miles wide of them. Everyone will know about this very very soon I am sure.

mahioffshore.jpg mahioffshore2.jpg YToffshore.jpg

bottomdweller

Sep 28, 2004
Rancho Santa Margarita
Name
Michael
Boat
210 CC, Triumph, Honey Pie
Got on it again today. 312 is the area. Green water on 209 and 267

You will hear it here first...BIG BFT are LOCAL and in some crazy volume!! Under an hour run from Newport Harbor. We hooked one but lost it and it was miles wide of them. Everyone will know about this very very soon I am sure.

View attachment 956923 View attachment 956924 View attachment 956925
Lady luck always helps on any boat! Large BFT hmmm things are getting interesting... Michael on the HoneyPie, see you on the water

C.Bergs

Sep 21, 2015
Marina del Rey
Name
Cory
Boat
Skipjack 24 Open - Pau Hana
Always appreciate the details, Matt. You're one to help people get on the fish instead of the normal brag situation. Good on ya

NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
Always appreciate the details, Matt. You're one to help people get on the fish instead of the normal brag situation. Good on ya
Thanks for that bud. I do run charters for a living so getting people on fish is what I like doing best whether or not I am getting paid for it. Always up to give more specifics through PM if interested.