I've been using swell watch and noaa to decide if I want to take my relatively small (23 ft) boat offshore for blues. I didn't go out because the forcasts were for 3 - 5 ft swell Friday & yesterday. Then I read reports from folks who say it is calm & nice. What am I doing wrong (besides not just going)? Any advice would be most welcome!