offshore fishing kauai

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by tunafisher69, Jan 14, 2010.

1. tunafisher69

tunafisher69 Newbie

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    26' Striper "Gone fishing"
    My wife, son and myself will be in poipu feb. 26th to march 11th. I am looking for recomendations form locals on who we should fish with. We are seasoned offshore anglers and spend our summers fishing on our 26' striper fishing for tuna, halibut, salmon and crab off the oregon coast. I'm looking to fish 4 or 5 days during our trip and would perfer to be on the water with someone who is set up with good gear, a decent sized boat (I here the swells are 5' at 3 sec that time of year), the possibility of fishing live bait as well. I want my skipper to have a multidimensional game. Trolling is great but sometimes jigging is better. I want to fish with someone who is set up to deep troll a live aku, or whatever the circumstances require. I only want to retain 1 or 2 small fish per day ( mahi, ono, ahi is what I'm interested in eating on our vacation), the rest is yours. I'm not bringing any coolers. I want to fish full days and cover all expenses, or get a recomendation for a truly excellent charter captian. Feel free to PM me if you are interested in fishing with us. Thanks and Mahalo

2. cheehuli

cheehuli Newbie

Name:
    Chase
    Boat:
    24' Custom Sampan "Girlie T"
  3. kapaafire

kapaafire Newbie

Name:
    KuntaKita
    Boat:
    21' Force
    I would have to second that. Terry is definitely one of the better captains.

4. BigJimHouse

BigJimHouse Newbie

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    16' Alumaweld Xtreme
    3rd on that! I used to see Terry fish out of Anini years ago when I was deckhanding for another outfit; still see him and talk to him occasionally in Kapaa when we come in. Tuna, you sound diverse in what you want to do; that's good because if you've been fishing Hawaii for any length of time, this time of year can be slow but jigging/bottom fishing can be a great alternate if trolling is slow (me, trolling is always my first option as you gotta find the fish first, methods 2nd).
    Good luck and give Terry a shout!
    Jim