mowitlow

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 5, 2010
So Cal
Name
Ron
Boat
21 ft. Mastercraft
i've fished for tuna out of san diego for about 12 yrs. once or twice a year.it was fun but no big deal.
but the past 2 years,i dont know what the hell happened,but i cant hardly think of anything else but offshore fishing!
its crazy!!
im either looking at boat schedules,checking ebay for gear,or trying to convince my wife on why 2 or 3 day and a half trips are not enough and that i really need to get on a 8 day shogun or RP trip!(thats not going so well either)
i havent even caught very many fish the last couple of years either.
i dont know....its just wierd!
but i got the fishing bug bad!!

Outhouse

Feb 13, 2007
Germantown, TN
Name
Jon Scobey
Boat
Titanic
I know what you mean. Fortunately for you, you are in SoCal. I'm in TN. A very expensive hobby.

boomboom213

Aug 31, 2006
compton
Name
hpppyo
Boat
whatever
i think if i didn't fish...i could of already purchased a house with 30-40% down payment...

:hali_parkutuli:

mrfishcado

Los Panchos Sportfishing
Mar 25, 2006
Pomona, CA
Name
Paco
Boat
1996 Ranger 488VS 1980 24' Skipjack "La Cuarentona"
It is something that most people don't understand.

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
Welcome to the club. Our ritual 12 step healing meetings our held out at Sea on a variety of boats. Buy the wife a trip to the spa and head out of town for your own treatment.

fishordie

Aug 31, 2005
Calabasas CA
Name
Jamie
Boat
2013 Ranger Z521 with 250 Merc.: Now deceased.. Thank goodness
Not your fault. Obviously we were genetically disposed to be hunter/gatherers. If we were ants that is all we would do and everything would be okay. But Noooooo, we had to be humans and we are taught we have other things to do. Like getting married, raising kids, paying the rent, going to Disneyland, etc. The Sad truth is those of us who consider ourselves fishing addicts really have no choice in the matter. We are what we were designed to do for the betterment of the hive. Unfortunately the hive is run by those who were genetically designed to be driven out of the group as non performers, runts or rogue's but Nooooo, we are humans so we reward them for being useless. Now I know God is a woman cuz no real man would have a sense of humor like this. Can I have an Amen.....

Jamie

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Not your fault. Obviously we were genetically disposed to be hunter/gatherers. If we were ants that is all we would do and everything would be okay. But Noooooo, we had to be humans and we are taught we have other things to do. Like getting married, raising kids, paying the rent, going to Disneyland, etc. The Sad truth is those of us who consider ourselves fishing addicts really have no choice in the matter. We are what we were designed to do for the betterment of the hive. Unfortunately the hive is run by those who were genetically designed to be driven out of the group as non performers, runts or rogue's but Nooooo, we are humans so we reward them for being useless. Now I know God is a woman cuz no real man would have a sense of humor like this. Can I have an Amen.....

Jamie
Speak for yourself......I am not addicted .......but
i am in denial ........ and I am only on 5 trips this year.

Speaking of that Jamie you on the Jan 12 day??????:rofl:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMAKECARSFAST

provider of protien
Aug 24, 2004
ramona
Name
Brian
Boat
22foot, glacierbay center console, REEL BROKE
i dont do the long range thing.... but every time i go out on the boat i just love the whole "adventure into the unknown"...

i love seeing all the critters that might show up too

divegod1

AKA "unidentified angler"
Jan 24, 2007
HOT!
Name
Michael
Boat
next one i'm on...
"Speak for yourself......I am not addicted .......but
i am in denial ........ and I am only on 5 trips this year."

Ah, yes but those 5 trips total 2 MONTHS at sea, come clean Dave.
All I can do is sit here going nuts

dweston

May 12, 2008
vista Ca. USA
Name
Duane
Boat
yours
Congratulations and welcome to the club. 90% of my time off invloves something around fishing!

Derf284

The Ringer
Nov 1, 2007
rsm
Name
Fred
Boat
Any
Hello my name is Fred and I am a Fishing Addict.

neatnick

trolling w my Zebco 202
Oct 25, 2005
jamul, ca
Name
al
Boat
35' riv
Homer called it the Siren's of the sea, my wife calls it my "midlife crises".

hi, my name is al, i have an addiction and i've been loosing sleep for years....

jorge91919

May 12, 2008
Underground Tank. Inland Empire
Name
George
Boat
SOLD!!!
And I though that I was the only one with that problem!! I think about it while I am working and I dream of my next trip. Cheers!!! :hali_olutta:

totkid760

Aug 9, 2008
Oceanside
Name
Chad
Boat
ANY ONE I'M WELCOME ON!
Um, My name is Chad and I have 2 weeks sober.
Unfortunatly i will relapse this weekend and dont give a shit weather I catch fish or not.
It's not just the fishing this addiction is affiliated with it's the peace of mind away from the wife and kids that drives it most!!!!!!!!!!:_hot_:

yoyoman

Mar 11, 2009
Las Vegas Nv usa
Name
Jesse
Boat
17.5 Tracker Targa
Lets see I Fish, I drink fall down, get up and fish then drink anf fish, Noooo problem.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
It all started with a couple of 3 day trips in '93 and '94. After taking five years off from it to get the boys graduated from high school I did my first fiver in '99. I've been hooked like a cow on a 20/0 Mustad Circle Hook ever since. More trips, longer trips; have learned a lot and caught a lot of fish, making some great friends along the way . Come to find out, they're all just as sick and twisted as I am.;)

mowitlow

Apr 5, 2010
So Cal
Name
Ron
Boat
21 ft. Mastercraft
well if i got to be sick,its good to know im not alone!
now if i can only convince my wife that the cure for this affliction can only be found 500 miles south of the border on some little rocky islands!
yeah i'm sure i'd be sicker than ever when i finally get down there,
but she doesn't need to know that!!

BigJack

Aug 20, 2008
Austin Tx
Name
jack
Boat
24' fiber form
My name is jack, I am a fishermen, I have been sober for 5 hours, but I will relapse in about 4 hours.

My dad says that the 2 most expensive decisions of his life were starting a family, and introducing me to fishing.

I will be taking my first 8 day in june on the RRIII

loreto1234

LOBO
May 8, 2007
Oceanside
Name
Lobo
Boat
None
Sit down with legs crossed indian style with tag line in left hand and hook in the right and hummmmm for about an hour a day with your eyes closed and it will all get better. If that doesn't work have a serious conversation with your gear and explain that you want to start seeing other gear but you still want to be friends.