Baja Belk

Long sappy fish stories.
Sep 8, 2009
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Mike
Boat
18.5 Striper CC - Puro Grande
Had high hopes of pulling on some kelp yellows and maybe finding some tuna, but never saw as much as a scrap of kelp, or any sign of fish in 115 miles of burning my eyes out looking. Canyon > 425 > 101 > Canyon > 226/302 > back to islands at 11:00 to try and salvage the day. Ended up getting lucky on a nice one at bird shit. Was picking at the calico when a boobie dipped off my bow and gave up a lone yellow. Ate my jig at the boat on the second cast, fun stuff.

Temps were 60-62 offshore, absolutely zero sign of life on my route today, other than a few molas and a bunch of whales. Lots of birds in spots but they were looking too. Nothing on the meter all day. Heard of one fish on a paddy south of the 425, otherwise everything is way out west. Water was 63 at the islands. Bass bite is definitely picking up. No other sign of yellows.

Weather was nice, other than a pretty steep wind swell from the NW. Sunny, warm, and light winds all day though.

Dropped my ice chest at my neighbor's house and it ended up back on my porch an hour later with beer in it. That's my kind of magic trick!

I'd recommend heading west if you can, otherwise, it needs a little more time to come together locally. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

IMG_6242.jpg

Thanks for the shot Cody!

IMG_6198.jpgIMG_6205.jpgIMG_6216.jpgIMG_6217.jpgIMG_6223.jpgIMG_6224.jpg

IMG_6227.jpgIMG_6243.jpg

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Great report , pics and info. Cruise ship balloons LOL
    Way to give it a long look out there.
    ONE be better than NONE I say!!! LOL
    Better days ahead!

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer
    Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
    Feb 23, 2012
    la mesa, ca
    Name
    Russell
    Boat
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    :appl: :food-smil

Upvote 0

Baja Belk

Long sappy fish stories.
    Sep 8, 2009
    San Diego/CA/USA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    18.5 Striper CC - Puro Grande
    I use the New Mexico version of that magic trick. I leave a cooler with tuna filets at my neighbors and it magically returns as elk tenderloin.

And thanks for keeping the house clean!
    I’ve also traded yellowfin for a fully dressed and hot out of the oven lamb shank prepared by a professional chef (different neighbor). That was a good one...

Reactions: Wandering Blues