hotrail20

Skiff Life
    May 28, 2006
    Chino,Ca
    Name
    Leonard
    Boat
    Mine
    I saw a Maritime almost as Sexy as yours in Huntington Harbor was another bad ass rig only one I have seen other than yours

Reactions: Hustler
    Upvote 0

Fin_Alley

🇺🇸
    Apr 11, 2012
    CA
    Name
    Dave Morton
    Boat
    Fin Alley
    Sweet ride but twin 110s? Seems quite a bit under powered. Can anyone with experience on this chime in? This rig would be awesome with twin Cummins. Also curious what the ride on a Blackman is like compared to the older Farallon hulls. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    Sweet ride but twin 110s? Seems quite a bit under powered. Can anyone with experience on this chime in? This rig would be awesome with twin Cummins. Also curious what the ride on a Blackman is like compared to the older Farallon hulls. Thanks in advance.

The weight difference and fuel consumption make this a great package for the guy who doesn’t want to go too fast... this thing will chug along for days sipping the fuel.... Many boats this size with 4 cyl diesels... Guessing it cruises at 15-17 knots....

The added weight of large 6 cylinder and additional fuel would not likely make this boat much faster... it would be louder and use a lot more fuel and you would need to add fuel capacity..

Upvote 0

striketeam

Almost A Member
    Jan 30, 2011
    Orange County
    Name
    Blakey man
    Boat
    strike team
    I previously owned a 1990 Blackman 26 Billfisher with twin 135 horsepower Volvos. I cruised mine at 13 knots and I saw 19 knots wide open when it wasn’t heavily loaded. Full of fuel Bait ice 3 guys was 12 knots cruise. I fished on a older Farallon Growing up that I think was a 25 with a single 130ish hp Volvo diesel that was a very stable and solid platform. Hope this helps you with your question👍

Upvote 0

striketeam

Almost A Member
    Jan 30, 2011
    Orange County
    Name
    Blakey man
    Boat
    strike team
    It did well in a head sea (Felt solid )for its size but it got kind of Squirrley in a following sea.. It was pretty decent on the stop fishing.. They are a nice little package and sometimes it’s easy to forget you were only on a 26 footer

Reactions: Fin_Alley
    Upvote 0

Fin_Alley

🇺🇸
    Apr 11, 2012
    CA
    Name
    Dave Morton
    Boat
    Fin Alley
    My buddy bought it. Sweet rig. Very well maintained. Just needs some deck paint and a couple minor improvements in the galley. The seller was a great guy, very honest. My buddy is stoked. That rig will be out a lot this year.

Reactions: historic
    Upvote 0

miaf

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 14, 2013
    Name
    Boat
    That’s a nice boat, especially because it was direct drive.

Upvote 0

Fin_Alley

🇺🇸
    Apr 11, 2012
    CA
    Name
    Dave Morton
    Boat
    Fin Alley
    The direct drives really are ideal, especially for keeping it in a slip. I would have bought this myself if I wasn’t in the middle of multiple Farallon projects..

The Blackman cruises around 14 knots with the small Volvos but it’s very fuel efficient. If it were me, I would run them hard and eventually repower with twin Cummins 150s or Yanmar 200s. But I they both have fairly recent rebuilds so it shouldn’t need a repower for some time.

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 22, 2004
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    jeff meeker
    Boat
    26 Blackman Billfisher
    There's another 26 Blackman farther down the same dock with Volvo D3s; not sure how much HP they have.

Upvote 0