Rodless_Jim

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 3, 2008
Mexico, DF, Mexico
Name
Jim
Boat
Strictly a Rider
My wife and I are coming to spend 4-5 weeks in the SD area, starting March 15th, and we need a place to stay. Ideally 2 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen. Anyone have a property for rent, or know anyone who does? We are mid-50s educated professionals, non-smokers, no pets. Basically responsible adults.

PS - Yes, we have been looking at AirBNB. So far we haven't found what we need.

Reactions: laguna tuna

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
A more raw approach as a option. Maybe a very comfy or luxury RV. Ocean front sea bluffs of Cardiff or north country. Breathing the essence of the ocean and a fire pit. Low tide the reef is fully exposed for adventures. Just south within walking distance. Great beach fishing for Corbina, Spotfin and Yellowfin and Perchfish

san-elijo-campground-california-state-beach-campsites-along-ocean.jpg

Reactions: blubby07 and Cubeye

Rodless_Jim

Apr 3, 2008
Mexico, DF, Mexico
Name
Jim
Boat
Strictly a Rider
Thanks for the suggestions, all! Please keep them coming. Right now we are somewhere between "maybe that one" and "too expensive for us."

As for the RV, I'd love it, especially a chance to surf fish! Maybe I could con my wife into doing that for a week, but we'll be in town for a month, and, for better or worse, my baby is not that kind of girl.

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat
sold! / cattle boat
Vacation Village / Paradise Point in Mission Bay would be really cool! No idea what a 1 month stay would set you back though....

Da Mad Anglah

Old fut who still misses home on da islands
Oct 21, 2020
Idaho (and sometimes Honolulu)
Name
Chris
Boat
'93 18' Weldcraft "Rod Rage"
Building on the RV thing, check out Outdoorsy.com and RVShare.com, you can rent a trailer for however long you want, some folks will even deliver and set up for you (if its a trailer or 5th wheel) for a fee.
I am familiar with RVShare, as I rent my trailer on there, its a good program for those who want to try the RV thing or just need a place to stay for a short period of time. There's monthly rates, but I suspect what you'll want to live in for a month will be way more than staying in a nice hotel.

hagridfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 21, 2008
Aurora Colorado
Name
Kevin
Boat
None
No full kitchen available, but you can try Town and Country, in hotel circle. Freshly renovated, nice place, don't know what the room rates are, but they , like a lot of other places, would probably love the business.

Reactions: Rodless_Jim

Rodless_Jim

Apr 3, 2008
Mexico, DF, Mexico
Name
Jim
Boat
Strictly a Rider
No full kitchen available, but you can try Town and Country, in hotel circle. Freshly renovated, nice place, don't know what the room rates are, but they , like a lot of other places, would probably love the business.

Thanks! We have actually found a place to rent that has what we need. I'm probably going to regret the full kitchen because it means I'll be doing a lot of cooking!

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. It matters. It's one of the things that make anglers special. Maybe they won't tell you their secret numbers, but if you need help, they'll do what they can.