lasparky11

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 7, 2008
Ontario, CA USA
Name
Gene
Boat
X-wife she's so fat she floats
My Cal built LT6, I don't leave home without it. Fish 40-60# live bait plus it's a great yoyo reel.

LT6.jpg

Last edited:

nefarious235

Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Slammer III

falconer

Aug 17, 2006
Spokane, Washington
Name
Doug Pineo
Boat
16 foot 1955 Crestliner
Baja Special... simple, strong, made in usa
525 Mag... excellent caster, beefy drags, landed a 40# class BF on it this year, made in usa
Jigmaster... the hot rod of all hot rods, the mods are endless, made is usa ( at least the older ones that are still a dime a dozen )
Baja Specials are great. I have 3, and they can't be beat for best combination of modern technology and beautiful craftsmanship of the whole reel, but particularly the bakelite side plates. How many of you know exactly how the tool and die guys do that? Don't bullshit me, how many of you know exactly? Also love my first generation Torques in all three sizes, beasts! THEN, my 16VSX hot-rodded by Cal and Eric Sheets. A winch, yet you can cast a sardine. Mine has 600 yards of 100# Cortland hollow, plus a 30 yard topshot. Also love my MTL specials.

Reactions: FishAcquisition

TEAMFISH

JUST ADD WATER
Aug 17, 2006
TORRANCE
Name
DAVE
Boat
SOLD IT
It would have to be my Int 50VISXS. Unfortunately it sits in a box, brand new waiting to be used:(

Reactions: FishAcquisition

chxh8me

Anchovy Slayer
Jul 20, 2010
Thousand Oaks
Name
Mike
Boat
21' Whaler Walkaround
Torque 100. I have had it forever and it has probably caught the majority of my offshore fish.
Torque 25N (black star drag) because it caught my biggest yft (75lb)
Fathom 40NLD2 because it caught my biggest bft (in avatar pic)

I guess I can’t leave out the jigmaster for my first ever yt. Don’t use that reel anymore, but I won’t sell it either (especially after upgrading it with Newell parts).

Last edited:

Kai

Mar 16, 2004
Oxnard
Name
Fish Killer
Boat
none.
Penn Torque 25n. Best fundamentally sound star drag I ever owned. Great 25-40 lb reel!

The reel casts awesome! Better than my 12 Fathom!

stella marina

Nov 21, 2011
santa cruz
Name
Andrew
Boat
Parker 2320, 16 Klamath cc, 10 ft Livingston "bass slayer"
I didnt see many coffee grinders in the mix so I'll add my American made slammer,
The things is a beast!

Shimano Penn

Dec 3, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
David
Boat
Fond Memory
Like so many here I have owned too many to remember them all but I do recall the one that excited me the most. Remember when the GLS came out? It was my first lever drag reel ever. I had mostly 113's and my BIG reel was a 114HLW! WoooHoooo!!!! That light little GLS was the most awesome "new thing" I'd ever seen.

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
3500 shimano baitrunner.

Adrien Baker

Born to get down.
May 18, 2016
Taft
www.pbnation.com
Name
Adrien Baker
Boat
Ultra
I really want to buy a US Senator (Baja Special) but I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to use it for. My first saltwater reel was a Senator 4/0 113HLW.

Adrien

FishAcquisition

Sep 19, 2005
La Quinta
Name
Dan
Boat
Only Aspirations-not the name of my boat-just have aspirations
Do Ocean City's count?
Of course they do!!!! You know your history.

Otto Henze, immigrated to the United States from Germany in 1922.[1] At 25, he worked as a machinist for the reel manufacturer Ocean City Manufacturing Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In 1932, Henze rented a 3rd floor loft on 492 North Third Street in Philadelphia from a general machinist firm, William Schmitz & Company.[2] There he completed his first two reel designs, the Models F and K.

In February 1933, the first Penn Reels were sold to the Miller Auto Supply Company in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Encouraged by the sales, Henze developed two more designs. Privation during the Great Depression forced families into subsistence fishing, aiding company growth. In 1942, Penn Reels moved to West Hunting Park Avenue.[3] Upon Henze's death in 1948,[1] his wife Martha assumed the company presidency. Penn Reels grew from a regional presence to a world leader in the years that followed.

But no spinners due to the IFGA Ban Jan 1 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: sealskinner

FishAcquisition

Sep 19, 2005
La Quinta
Name
Dan
Boat
Only Aspirations-not the name of my boat-just have aspirations
Cool, when was it made do you think?