October is the new September in Bahia Asuncion!

blowhole

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 18, 2007
bahia asuncion, on the west coast of central baja
www.bahiaasuncion.com
Name
shari & juan arce
Boat
28' super panga
Just our luck...we had no threatening storms in September this season but October is making up for that. We generally dont book fishing charters in September as we often have to cancel them so October is very busy. But this season's crazy weather in October has made us cancel several charters dang it!

We had excellent fishing in September but very few clients! Wide open yellowtail bite, big calicos & bonita real close to home as well as some tuna and wahoo were caught. The ocean temps finally warmed up and fishing took off.....and then Rosa hit us hard with a swell over 20' and winds in excess of 40 knots for 2 days.
Postponing charters a week or two hasnt worked as now it seems we may get hammered by Sergio....WTF!

IMG_20180918_114528610.jpg DSC_5374.JPG

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Sorry, hope things work out, everyone gets rain, nothing for So Cal deserts, if you can send us some it would be appreciated. Looks like season will last a long time , book some late season specials

RonJon66

FISH ON!!!
Jul 28, 2014
Name
Ron Wilbur
Boat
21' Suntracker Bass Buggy Pontoon
Hi Shari and Juan,
Looking forward to staying at La Bufadora and fishing in a couple weeks. Hope all the unstable weather is gone by then! More than that, hope that Sergio turns out to be mild and doesn't mess things up for you.

Reactions: Leslie. Christensen

airborne

Straight Old School
Aug 28, 2005
Bonita
Name
dana
Boat
17,bayliner
Just our luck...we had no threatening storms in September this season but October is making up for that. We generally dont book fishing charters in September as we often have to cancel them so October is very busy. But this season's crazy weather in October has made us cancel several charters dang it!

We had excellent fishing in September but very few clients! Wide open yellowtail bite, big calicos & bonita real close to home as well as some tuna and wahoo were caught. The ocean temps finally warmed up and fishing took off.....and then Rosa hit us hard with a swell over 20' and winds in excess of 40 knots for 2 days.
Postponing charters a week or two hasnt worked as now it seems we may get hammered by Sergio....WTF!

View attachment 969140 View attachment 969147
When is sergio

airborne

Straight Old School
Aug 28, 2005
Bonita
Name
dana
Boat
17,bayliner
When is Sergio supposed to hit? What are your rates for two days of fishing for the wahoo?

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Hum, this time of year, book a week and hope for a couple good days, catch what's biting. Ordering Wahoo, here today gone Tommorow!

Reactions: blowhole

blowhole

Oct 18, 2007
www.bahiaasuncion.com
Name
shari & juan arce
Boat
28' super panga
Hi Shari and Juan,
Looking forward to staying at La Bufadora and fishing in a couple weeks. Hope all the unstable weather is gone by then! More than that, hope that Sergio turns out to be mild and doesn't mess things up for you.
thanks man...we r ready for that MoFo

blowhole

Oct 18, 2007
www.bahiaasuncion.com
Name
shari & juan arce
Boat
28' super panga
When is Sergio supposed to hit? What are your rates for two days of fishing for the wahoo?
SErgio will reach the coast Thursday night or Friday and then it takes a couple days to calm down and the visibility to clear up. Rosa brought us some nice warm water and the yellowtail bite is wide open close to home.
Wahoo fishing price depends on where they are....if they are close it is $250 a day or $300 if we have to burn alot of gas.....most anglers want to put fish in the boat but the client decides what to target.

Cheech

Sep 11, 2008
Tustin, CA
Name
Jeff Cheechov
Boat
Skipjack 24FB, AD41P diesel
Our trip to Isla Cedros departing tomorrow 10/12 was canceled yesterday. And with good reason. We heard that the harbormaster has is closed the harbor now.

airborne

Straight Old School
Aug 28, 2005
Bonita
Name
dana
Boat
17,bayliner
SErgio will reach the coast Thursday night or Friday and then it takes a couple days to calm down and the visibility to clear up. Rosa brought us some nice warm water and the yellowtail bite is wide open close to home.
Wahoo fishing price depends on where they are....if they are close it is $250 a day or $300 if we have to burn alot of gas.....most anglers want to put fish in the boat but the client decides what to targe
How about accommodations? Price per night for four of us including meals.

airborne

Straight Old School
Aug 28, 2005
Bonita
Name
dana
Boat
17,bayliner
Wahoo fishing price depends on where they are....if they are close it is $250 a day or $300 if we have to burn alot of gas.....most anglers want to put fish in the boat but the client decides what to target.
How about accommodations? Rate per night for four including meals.

RonJon66

FISH ON!!!
Jul 28, 2014
Name
Ron Wilbur
Boat
Hi Shari. Any news on roads to Asuncion after Sergio?

rossman

May 21, 2004
Bahia Asuncion
Name
Ross Zoerhof
Boat
Yak and tin boat
Hi Shari. Any news on roads to Asuncion after Sergio?
No problem with any roads from Asuncion north, unless you plan on taking Mex 5. Mex 5 is open but some challenging drive arounds on several arroyos. Catavinia arroyos still have a bit of running water from Rosa but passable with any vehicle.

RonJon66

FISH ON!!!
Jul 28, 2014
Name
Ron Wilbur
Boat
Hey Ross. Did you finish eating all that 65 lb wahoo you caught in your tin boat last year this time?