Baller

Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
Think he had straight 80lb max cuatro to a 4ft piece of 40lb mono. He was using an old pro gear. I was throwing straight 65lb power pro to a 5 ft 30lb leader with a trini 20a. Tried a bunch of different retrieve speeds, but nothing seemed to do the trick. Gonna try wiring it next time and see what happens

Everything seems ok. I am surprised and not sure what to say. Being CNC machined they are all alike. Try contacting Jeff at OCT and see what he says.

Upvote 0

watersdeep

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Are these jigs Die Cast or Sand Cast?

The CAIVO JIGS are Die cast. the Surface iron are made from aluminum and the yo-yo iron are made of zinc.

Reactions: Cubeye
Upvote 0

FakeDuaneDiego

Almost A Member
Jun 20, 2016
Burbank
Name
D
Boat
N/a
Bought a few of these last month. I’ve been on just one trip. Surface fishing was extremely slow, but I landed the only surface fish in the trip with the mint color- a boner. Jigs are expensive AF, but these CNC machined jigs are all perfect. They swim great. Can’t wait for the action to pick up... I have a feeling they’re going to kill it.

Reactions: Dogman619
Upvote 0

dctalk523

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 28, 2007
OC
Name
ChoeMan
Boat
Never
Picked up 4 OCT jigs from Charkbait and took advantage of their Fred Hall coupon.

Upvote 0

Baller

Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
was the Z-BAR the same jig?

Same company, improved on the Z-bar by being slightly wider and heavier, but same key action.

My fav Z-bar has taken many, many fish...

Upvote 0

Panic

One Cool Tuna - Panic
Sep 30, 2005
San Diego
www.onecooltuna.com
Name
Jeff- One Cool Tuna
Boat
1ft, plastic, O.C.T. One CoolTuna
A buddy and I went to pick up a jig each and were excited to see how they swim. Not gonna lie, I was pretty annoyed when these expensive jigs swam like they did. His essentially went in a straight line, with next to no side to side kick. The jig I got is slightly better, but it wont be the 1st jig I reach for next time I'm on the water. Guess we got some $30 lemons??
Jacob, I stand behind my Jigs 100%. If you can't get the action on these jigs then I will refund you your money and take the jigs back no question asked.. Message me and I will make arrangements to meet you or have you ship them back to me. - [email protected] -

Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    Jacob, I stand behind my Jigs 100%. If you can't get the action on these jigs then I will refund you your money and take the jigs back no question asked.. Message me and I will make arrangements to meet you or have you ship them back to me. - [email protected] -

Dangit Jeff!! I was gonna offer to take those "lemon" jigs off Jacob's hands for about half price. I figured I had a shot (maybe a very slim chance) at em until you went and offered a 100% refund.:D

I just got into slingin iron at the end of last year and havent had a chance to throw an OCT jig...yet. Cant wait for the chance to have one (or 10) of my own.

All kidding aside, I know I would be disappointed if I bought a $30 jig and I couldnt get it to swim for whatever reason. I think its really awesome of you to offer a refund.

Assuming the jigs get returned, now my only question is... how much do you charge for used OCT jigs?o_O

Upvote 0

Panic

One Cool Tuna - Panic
    Sep 30, 2005
    San Diego
    www.onecooltuna.com
    Name
    Jeff- One Cool Tuna
    Boat
    Dangit Jeff!! I was gonna offer to take those "lemon" jigs off Jacob's hands for about half price. I figured I had a shot (maybe a very slim chance) at em until you went and offered a 100% refund.:D

I just got into slingin iron at the end of last year and havent had a chance to throw an OCT jig...yet. Cant wait for the chance to have one (or 10) of my own.

All kidding aside, I know I would be disappointed if I bought a $30 jig and I couldnt get it to swim for whatever reason. I think its really awesome of you to offer a refund.

Assuming the jigs get returned, now my only question is... how much do you charge for used OCT jigs?o_O
    I will have to see how they look when I get them back.. I will let you know if I need to offer a fire sale on them..

Upvote 0

gingervco1

Almost A Member
    May 10, 2007
    Costa Mesa-San Jose del Cabo
    Name
    Josh
    Boat
    Parker 2120
    Outstanding customer service right there. You just convinced me to pick up a couple next time I see them on the shelf!

Reactions: TOTW
    Upvote 0

Panic

One Cool Tuna - Panic
    Sep 30, 2005
    San Diego
    www.onecooltuna.com
    Name
    Jeff- One Cool Tuna
    Boat
    I will have to see how they look when I get them back.. I will let you know if I need to offer a fire sale on them..
    Outstanding customer service right there. You just convinced me to pick up a couple next time I see them on the shelf!
    Thanks.. Free Hook and Ring replacement as well as long as you own the Jigs..

Upvote 0

Panic

One Cool Tuna - Panic
    Sep 30, 2005
    San Diego
    www.onecooltuna.com
    Name
    Jeff- One Cool Tuna
    Boat
    So I have reached out many different ways to get this Newbie to talk with me about the Jigs NOT swimming.... But he has not replied to any of my request to talk... So I guess they swim just fine after all. If anyone knows this guy, tell him to contact me and I will make it right for him.. But if he did figure out how to get them to swim, then please update the post with that info..

Thanks - Panic - One Cool Tuna - OCT Jigs..

Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Purr-Sea-Stance / Montauk 170
    Jeff! You are the definition of supererrogation! Funny thing is I was just on either Facebook or Insta admiring Chad’s new Madrugador emblazoned jigs after having just come from the tackle store. Guess what I picked up (only as a back up for my lucky mint OCT). Have a great season selling and fishing.

84BCA8AF-5CF8-4CBF-84A1-DA09D75E1324.jpeg

Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    Well... I cant spell or say supererrogation (copy and pasted), and certainly didnt know what it meant (untill I looked it up), but Jeff is super for trying so hard to please a customer. I love that.

su·per·er·o·ga·tion
    ˌso͞opərˌerəˈɡāSHən/
    noun
    1. the performance of more work than duty requires.

Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Purr-Sea-Stance / Montauk 170
    Well... I cant spell or say supererrogation (copy and pasted), and certainly didnt know what it meant (untill I looked it up), but Jeff is super for trying so hard to please a customer. I love that.

su·per·er·o·ga·tion
    ˌso͞opərˌerəˈɡāSHən/
    noun
    1. the performance of more work than duty requires.
    I spelled it wrong but like to throw around $20 words just as much as surface iron! But yeah Lifetime hooks and rings??? What a deal. Just don’t snag them on the bottom.

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    Just checked the OCT website and found my local tackle shop, Last Chance bait and tackle in Hemet is an OCT dealer. I'll be paying them a visit soon and buying a couple of these jigs.

Reactions: Willdoggy
    Upvote 0

Panic

One Cool Tuna - Panic
    Sep 30, 2005
    San Diego
    www.onecooltuna.com
    Name
    Jeff- One Cool Tuna
    Boat
    I spelled it wrong but like to throw around $20 words just as much as surface iron! But yeah Lifetime hooks and rings??? What a deal. Just don’t snag them on the bottom.

Yes.. No Bottom replacement or Seal retrieval. But just about any thing else I will fix or replace..

Thanks - I needed a $20 word for the week..

Reactions: Willdoggy
    Upvote 0

Jones-White

Apr 10, 2018
    Long beach
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    Handmade 22' V hull Dory. (Jeff Spira Design)
    I wish I could get the solid works or cad files for these jigs. I'd like to play around with them at the CNC at my school

You can design your own man, I'm a machinist myself and I've made tons of jigs for personal use. These are are cut with a small ball end mill using a 5 axis. I talked with the owner on a recent trip. He has them outsourced at that. Highly unlikely that you'll find the prints for these

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    Jeff is really a cool guy (One Cool Tuna )....His jigs are next to none..
    My son ( Gary Jr) In his machine shop, machines the jigs for OCT... I met Jeff the frist time in Charkbait SD... a couple years ago..)
    The machining on the Jigs is very very precise...with very very tight tolerances.. so no bad jigs...ever... and after they are machined, Jeff adds the rings and hooks and performs the magic that makes them swim....( machining plus the magic is the trick it takes both )
    So many local shops carrying them .. they are worth every penny of the price...
    Charkbait for one ...Go see Eric (my friend) in SD store..
    You just gotta try them for your self...
    and no I can't get deals...LOL so don't ask.....

Reactions: kbray001 and Panic
    Upvote 0