fishkiller
Oct 4, 2007
OC/NorCal
Name
J
Boat
Let's not talk about that right now
Hi
I am headed to PV next Thursday..pretty stoked on the timing seeing all the cows popping up. Fishing with Kurt at Esperanza on 3rd, but looking for a reputable Panguero for the 4th (need to save some money). Can anyone help with a rec?
thanks

P Nakamura

Wrangler Paul
Oct 18, 2006
Culver City
Name
Paul
Boat
16' Fisher Pro Avenger
Go to Punta de Mita and look for Chuy, Fernando, Lora or Chilena. They all have nice Punga and are excellent captains.

fishkillers

fishkiller
Oct 4, 2007
OC/NorCal
Name
J
Boat
Thanks guys. I only want the Panga for about 6 hours on the 4th...$650-800 is waaaaay too much for me to spend on Panga fishing, would book a boat for $850...will check on that timeframe though.

inSTANt bendo

Outrider Sportfishing
Oct 1, 2003
Temecula
Name
Stan
Boat
Outrider Sportfishing
You should be able to get a panga for 6 hours for $300.

So you're the guy that Kurt's with on Friday. Tried to book that day, but fishing with him Sat - Mon instead. Put some BIG tunas on that boat and get the mojo going for us!

fishkillers

fishkiller
Oct 4, 2007
OC/NorCal
Name
J
Boat
You should be able to get a panga for 6 hours for $300.

So you're the guy that Kurt's with on Friday. Tried to book that day, but fishing with him Sat - Mon instead. Put some BIG tunas on that boat and get the mojo going for us!
Yes sir! Sorry about that...but...we will do our best to warm the deck up for you :)

Bullshipper

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 4, 2006
Yucaipa/San Carlos, Sonora
Name
Jeff
Boat
Prokat 26
Thanks guys. I only want the Panga for about 6 hours on the 4th...$650-800 is waaaaay too much for me to spend on Panga fishing, would book a boat for $850...will check on that timeframe though.
Lora's 27 footer with twin engines, tuna tubes, live well, swivel seating, center console, bathroom, and wide caps so that you can stand and fight is more than a typical panga. He has the ability to launch from the darsena in mita that puts you closer to the fish so you arrive first, and leave last, and his fishing ability is as good as any of the other captains in PV.

If you want something that can go inshore and off and give you a good chance at hooking and landing a cow, I would recommend him. Not saying the other panaga captains in the area don't now their stuff, but his service and set up is worth his price and cannot be compared to the typical panga day you are used to.

Tyler Durden

Sep 16, 2008
Basement
Name
Tyler
Boat
17.5' Tracker Pro Guide
Hi
I am headed to PV next Thursday..pretty stoked on the timing seeing all the cows popping up. Fishing with Kurt at Esperanza on 3rd, but looking for a reputable Panguero for the 4th (need to save some money). Can anyone help with a rec?
thanks
I'm fishing with the Osunas on the 3rd. Sent you a PM, would be more than happy to share the cost of a panga on the 4th. Let me know by Wed this week.

Matt

coldtuna

Aug 28, 2005
Chicago
Name
Merle
Boat
Lund 1750 Tyee
I know Danny on the Dhanmar and he is a fishy guy, at a reasonable price.

I've talked to his clients several times after they climb off his boat, and they are usually saying great things about the fishing, and Danny is a cool guy as well. I can tell he would be fun to fish with.

Other panga captains mentioned here are also excellent.

snoviv1626

Sep 18, 2008
fernley nv
Name
arcadio santiago
Boat
19.5 bluewater
Hi
thanks
try danny gomez 27 foot super panga speaks very good english outstanding fisherman.his email is [email protected] we have used him in the past and will again at the end of oct. good luck