hardrider5

Master
Sep 4, 2003
Huntington Beach
Name
Mike
Boat
Parker 2520
Planning to launch at Oceanside on Sunday. Never been there and someone told me the harbor entrance can be hazardous. Would like the 411 on launch area, bait receiver and any hazard coming and going.

Thanks

Upvote 0

bmachale

Bob MacHale
Jul 8, 2007
Vista, CA
Name
Bob MacHale
Boat
SeaSwirl Striper 21 Richard M
The harbor entrance is not hazardous. They just dredged it. It can be hazardous in big swell but there is none now. Bait barge just to north of launch. no hazards going in or out. Nice ramp. with good docks.

Upvote 0

Robdawgie

Jul 17, 2014
Name
rob ri
Boat
red baron
I.ve launched twice in the last monthon my buddys 22bertram the doghouse.no problems,decent facilites,bait was great the first time 6-8" mini macs and sardines. Secod time bait wasok mix of sardines and chovies,they dlnt open till5am on fri

Upvote 0

mafrancis66

Apr 19, 2010
Oceanside, CA, USA
Name
Mark Franics
Boat
Sold it!
I would only add that there is suppose to be a 3-5ft south swell with occasional 7ft sets this weekend. Oceanside is south facing, so just be paying attention to the surf, but there are no hazards in the entrance right now.

Upvote 0

BenTerrible

Almost A Member
Jun 20, 2013
Ramona
Name
Ben
Boat
AGITATOR
Thought this would help, screen shot aerial view of OSide Harbor. Walk the boat to the dock/trailer very easily.

Oceanside Harbor.JPG

Upvote 0

BigJoe

No fish in O'side
Dec 6, 2005
Vista
Name
Joe
Boat
26', Striper, Wage Burner
Remember to bring your $8 for parking in the lot next to the ramp for the day...

Oh BTW I hear there are no fish in O'side :D

Upvote 0

stanky1

Sep 11, 2009
Carlsbad
Name
Squid Mark
Boat
Scout 175 Sportfish
If you get there before 4am then you will need to bring $20 for parking. Bait dock doesn't open until 5am so there is no point in getting there too early.

Upvote 0