PENN

swoodard

Aug 30, 2009
rancho santa margartia
Name
steve
Boat
no boat
Had a good group of guys(30) for the overnight trip..Huge deans w/small macs not the bait for off shore.
Fished up the line near 209 area for 15 yellowfin and 5 rat yellows for the day.. I had my chance and it busted off after 3 min. and that was my last strike for the day. But like i said it was a good group of guys and crew.
steve

Reactions: Tdubbzskis
Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Sounded like a good trip. Its not all about killing fish if people are having fun. Your attitude plays a large factor in that.

Upvote 0

artaka1

Aug 28, 2009
orange co.
web.me.com
Name
mikey
Boat
n/a
I thoroughly agree as I was on that trip as well. Huge bait and great group and crew. Especially since I failed to bring cigs but Steve here and Dan the deck hand saved the day... Thanks again boys. Mega bait was the way to go for sure and the small 2oz. Type was better than the 4oz. IMO

I'm not the superstious type but ended up #1 on galley sheet and then slept through my troll rotation but my good bro Bill put me on his slot in the second rotation and sure enough his black and purple cedar got slammed in the corner spot so I put the first fish on the boat. Whoops.

Ended up with that fish and dumped a megabait fish and a troll fish later on the magic zucchini after the sun was up.

Felt like a newbie after not being out in a couple of seasons... Thanks again to everyone on board for a nice trip and yes I love the Oceanside 95.
image.jpg

Upvote 0

EDDIE RUSS

Almost A Member
May 17, 2008
MISSION VIEJO
Name
MOTORED
Boat
Rusty Cage
I was going to go but it sold out so we went in my buddy's boat too the same area and got 1 YFT and a couple skipjacks.The yellows on the paddy were micro and only hitting the 4inch fish trap .I fished the Mega bait for nothing
But always get tuna on them.

Upvote 0

artaka1

Aug 28, 2009
orange co.
web.me.com
Name
mikey
Boat
n/a
If ur in the Tustin Legacy area mikey look me up. I ride an orange tractor out next to the orange county rescue mission.

Right on Steve, meant to tell you thanks again in person but chaos got the better of me. Looked for you today as I was at the district all day with a couple Home Depot runs. Haha lol....

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Had a good group of guys(30) for the overnight trip..Huge deans w/small macs not the bait for off shore.
Fished up the line near 209 area for 15 yellowfin and 5 rat yellows for the day.. I had my chance and it busted off after 3 min. and that was my last strike for the day. But like i said it was a good group of guys and crew.
steve

Saw you guys coming in as we were using the last of our bait (anchovies) on my boat. We ended up with 8 YFT, 1 skip and 1 yellow for 3/4 day effort. Chunking under birds, spit shot to get the baits away from the birds and very long soaks.

Reactions: Triggerfish
Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
I thoroughly agree as I was on that trip as well. Huge bait and great group and crew. Especially since I failed to bring cigs but Steve here and Dan the deck hand saved the day... Thanks again boys. Mega bait was the way to go for sure and the small 2oz. Type was better than the 4oz. IMO

I'm not the superstious type but ended up #1 on galley sheet and then slept through my troll rotation but my good bro Bill put me on his slot in the second rotation and sure enough his black and purple cedar got slammed in the corner spot so I put the first fish on the boat. Whoops.

Ended up with that fish and dumped a megabait fish and a troll fish later on the magic zucchini after the sun was up.

Felt like a newbie after not being out in a couple of seasons... Thanks again to everyone on board for a nice trip and yes I love the Oceanside 95. View attachment 542240

If you're a smoker.......how the heck do you forget cigarettes?

Upvote 0