Buttchaser

Fresh One!
Jul 3, 2004
BD Outdoors
Name
John
Boat
None
Fished aboard the Oceanside 95 on 7/2-7/4 , 1.5 day trip ..
The boat was full with 32 passengers , Capt Rick announced we would be driving all night and running down the line some 80 + miles down by Ensenada..

On 7/3 we fished a few spots and looked
for sign of Bf to none available , so we searched and found nothing but Colder water and a few kelp paddies with yellowtail from. 12-15 lbs..
Around 2pm we started back up the line and looked for signs of life , never seen much until we caught up with the fleet just below the border ..
We seen a few acres of jumpers that did not want anything go do with the boat or any offering from us until sundown , At sundown we had a football field of breezes and jumpers showing themselves but did not take any bait , They were briefly under the boat and Capt said not to fish anything less than 60 lb...

We went 7/7 on that school all on knife jigs .. I was one of the fortunate ones to hook up , Got one on the Williamson kensaki UV Green Sardine Zebra ,280gm jig on a penn 16 visx / United composites centaur rod ...
These fish were from 100- 130lbs

For those of you wondering about the Oceanside 95 , Capt Rick has been around running boats for 30+ years ..

Dont be afraid of jumping on the O95!!!

94585F90-FEB0-4B6E-905F-64AB7B8EB08F.jpeg

D859C867-2177-4D8C-B176-DE998CEB4948.jpeg
C76E2A8E-889C-46D4-9A17-533E69787804.jpeg

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Brother....every boat has its quirks. I like the O95 myself. Fished with Rick many times... he's a hard worker... and has good fishing sense. That wood hulled boat.... its a fish raiser for sure.... and although the BFT are not so receptive to the troll offerings right now...YFT and the others are. Nice report.... got good fish... had good gear.... and a smile from Ear to ear!! I'd say thats a great day.

Upvote 0

Steve Francis

Sep 11, 2006
    --
    Name
    StephenKatSea
    Boat
    .--.
    Brother....every boat has its quirks. I like the O95 myself. Fished with Rick many times... he's a hard worker... and has good fishing sense. That wood hulled boat.... its a fish raiser for sure.... and although the BFT are not so receptive to the troll offerings right now...YFT and the others are. Nice report.... got good fish... had good gear.... and a smile from Ear to ear!! I'd say thats a great day.
    Albacore really liked that boat. The New Salty Dog, now the O95, had 2 - 500 fish days, back in the day, when fishing out of Morro Bay. The hull is double planked Philippine mahogany. Believe it remains the biggest Ditmar Donaldson ever built.

Upvote 0

John56434

Idk what to name dis
    Aug 1, 2019
    West side
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishing boat
    Well the bite in the canyon is going to get shut down from all the skiffies just like San clemente incident earlier this year. The oside sea cent got limits for 8 people

Upvote 0

Latest posts