Ocean Salmon Season PFMC work in progress

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by Fishin' Luhrs, Apr 11, 2015.

1. fishnazzi

fishnazzi Mostly just LURKING anymore...........

Name:
    Troy
    Boat:
    Which one.............
    Kevin... Good job on a tough subject. I am sure that whatever happened was not preventable. I believe that you and PSA as whole are working hard for sport fishermen.

2. steelheder

steelheder Newbie

Name:
    Russ
    Boat:
    2052 Trophy "ORCA"
    Well done Kevin and gang. Everything you guys have done on all of our behalf is very appreciated as clearly seen by the folks posting here. Since I was a kid and the Boldt decision came down I've watched my fishing opportunities decrease with the occasional bright spot that gets taken away after a season or two.
    The bullshit you guys have endured so we may fish is admirable. Without folks like you willing to fight for all of us we would surely be screwed and fishing for ditch pickles outta sparkly bass boats.
    I want to thank all you for your time and effort.

MKCJ likes this.
  3. Rellis

Rellis Boss

Name:
    Ray Ellis
    Boat:
    21' Trophy, "Cape Spencer"
    This how I see it. Thanks so much for those that fought the good fight to maintain our sport seasons. Now for the ocean, many of those stocks are strong returning to the Columbia and there is limited commercial and native netting so the impact is not that great. And I will say it again, now that they got the sport fishermen out of the way in Puget Sound and most of the commercial is gone now the natives can net the few return wild salmon with impunity. No count, no quota, no escapement no solution to the depressed wild stocks. See you guys in MA 2 & M4.

4. fishnazzi

Name:
    Troy
    Boat:
    Which one.............
    It is amazing how eliminating the competition works...... I see you have been paying attention.
    You get a gold star

5. KC Lanier

KC Lanier Capt. KC Sportfishing

Name:
    Kevin and Cyndi
    Boat:
    32 Luhrs Open "Fishin'Luhrs"
    Saying "no deal" was not an option

6. KC Lanier

KC Lanier Capt. KC Sportfishing

Name:
    Kevin and Cyndi
    Boat:
    32 Luhrs Open "Fishin'Luhrs"
    Troy,The PS Advisors, PSA, CCA were working right along side of each other there. We just didn't get the fishery we wanted. But, many people will get to go fishing this summer

goatram and fishnazzi like this.
  7. Mpizzle

Mpizzle Bobber down!

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    20’ Glasply
    How about the fact that we, the taxpayers, are paying for those hatchery fish. Hatchery fish that will now be surplused and thrown in the trash.

No PS chinook season AND no in-River Skykomish season?? Why the fuck are we PAYING for Wallace River hatchery chinook???

This is just one example.

We the people bought those fish, they are our property, and this taking is a violation of all of our rights.

J.C. likes this.
  8. fishnazzi

Name:
    Troy
    Boat:
    Which one.............
    I know you did the best you could. Thank You and seeya in a month or so!!!!

9. BugeaterInWa

BugeaterInWa Fear the Corn

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    Boulton
    Why ignore that Kevin is telling you that CCA was shoulder to shoulder with him at the NOF?

Keep on keeping on, on your soap box.

Full Disclaimer: Im not a active member of either PSA or CCA.

Team Sency likes this.
  10. fishnazzi

Name:
    Troy
    Boat:
    Which one.............
    I also saw very clearly here on bd.....where PSA and CCA were not shoulder to shoulder...with Hb1660. I also see that the only claim to a very loosely worded, Trojan horse is from CCA. I don't see PSA saying WE put this together......only CCA. HAVE YOU fished Orcas island since 09??? I helped.lead the charge to gather people and fight it....fishing rights section here....because i asked for one. Why because at the time a focal point was needed. Do you see a section like that in any other bd forum??? Go ahead and tell me.what you have done Matt??? What have you done to make a difference??? There are a couple of choices in WA..... CCA AND PSA.....since you are not a.member of either what have you done???? I don't recall seeing you at the wdfw meeting when they wanted to out limits on albacore. I would guess you missed that since all the players there were from bd and PSA......CCA couldn't condone no limits by their own words at the time because it was "conservation minded"............ Sport catch is less then 1% of NW catch.....with no limits........if you are truly in a fight to numbers of fish......is that who you want leading the charge.......not I.

11. Cwillis

Cwillis Sometimes you're top boat...sometimes you're not.

Name:
    Casey
    Boat:
    23 Pacific
    Nevermind...Found the reference in the WDFW email and press release. Thanks.

Where is the no in-River Skykomish season posted or can you please elaborate on the details? Thanks-cwillis

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  12. BugeaterInWa

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    Boulton
    Talking to you is like talking to a wall.

Im not going to repeat what I have done or been involved with. I have posted it before, LOOK IT UP! I have sat with Kevin, Ron, Norm, Chuck, and even Jerry in Olympia! Im 100% positive that MANY are rolling their eyes at you as I have in fact been there with MANY of the ones you reference.

Where I fish at matters none. I am a guy that believes in the greater good benefit. I supported the newer crab rules even though it made the season where I fish much, much, much, shorter, why, the benefit of the greater good. Im not about just my backyard.

Kevin simply stated that CCA and PSA were in fact on the SAME page at NOF. Your hate of CCA is causing you to miss something...

As far as being a member of a group, Im currently a member of the Kitsap Poggie Club. PSA as well as CCA are very familiar with us. We have worked with both on MANY if not all issues. The Kitsap Poggie Club sent our president to the NOF. Kevin can verify that if you need it.

btw, what state are you a legal resident of?

Laters divider!

J.C., Team Sency and goatram like this.
  13. goatram

goatram Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest

Name:
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat:
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Ron has stated PSA and CCA are partners in a lot of the Fish Politics. Troy let it go please.

BugeaterInWa likes this.
  14. TunaHore

TunaHore World Champion Boat Ho

Name:
    Tuck
    Boat:
    Carolina Dory
    Troy - you need help getting the sand washed out of your vagina?

Not every thread is about your personal dissatisfaction with CCA.

15. Hunter Dan

Hunter Dan I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    MUGWUMP
    The in river Skykomish was never a go, based purely on projected returns. Less fish projected to come back than the hatchery needs for egg take. Happens sometimes. If the fish come back in larger numbers than needed an emergency opening will be announced.

16. richardp

richardp I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Richard
    Boat:
    2470 Pursuit 300 Yami
    I am sure your post will elicit all sorts of interesting posts...I will keep mine simple- In hindsight (with 20/20 vision) what would have worked better?

17. Mr. Doodles

Mr. Doodles I'm the BIG Dog

Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    2002 Trophy "The Doodle Lynn"

You guys arguing over who did what are starting to look like a bunch of 3 year olds fighting over a stupid toy!

Enough already! To each their own, and suport the ones you feel are worthy then work together when we can this crap just makes you guys look STUPID!

Admin Leave likes this.
  18. oldschool 1

oldschool 1 Night Watchman .

Name:
    Andy
    Boat:
    Oldschool 2

Wtf ??? Are you Bi polar ?

Just about the time I start thinking we might need CCA's millions if we are ever going to stand a chance against the Tribes... you pop off with that statement WOW

19. BugeaterInWa

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    Boulton
    I have to agree with you Andy... What good did that do? I think I know what Jerry's angle is but maybe not a good time or place to do that.

20. Maybe that's one I shouldn't have posted, I will retract it and let sleeping dogs lie.