I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 24, 2012
olympia wa
Name
ken luce
Boat
Blue Kai
Thanks Dave.

Dang. That sunday through thursday crap sucks. What will it take to change that? The charter boat assn is going to kill that town.
How is the charter boat assn going to kill the town
Wp has been a sunday through thursday since mid 80s before everyone had an ocean boat.
thanks for all your work Dave

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Thanks for doing the dirty work Dave.

Looking over everything from the outside to the inside doesn't look like they are doing the bonus pinks this year.... supposed to be a stellar pink year. Kinda weird.

Happy Daze

Grady Prick
May 17, 2011
Port Orchard Wa.
Name
Dave Johnson
Boat
24ft Grady White/16ft Moocher
Thanks for doing the dirty work Dave.

Looking over everything from the outside to the inside doesn't look like they are doing the bonus pinks this year.... supposed to be a stellar pink year. Kinda weird.

They decided to do it in river to make sure the run comes in strong and some extra opportunity in some of the rivers that are hurting. Cheers

Reactions: liltrouble

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
Thanks Dave, we ALL appreciate your efforts. Well men, let's do the best of what we have. I'll be trying my best to cut into that quota. CQ, running up to NB, for a week between June 29 through the 5th. Best tides of the season, hope to see you all there.....

koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
Correct, been that way for sometime. You can run to area 4 for coho before then but it’s quota constrained where Sekiu does not have a coho quota. Also, it’s a pink year this year so that should keep some interested between when chinook quota runs out and when the coho start to show.

tacklejacked

Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
So the way I read this you cannot retain any Coho in area 5 until 8/15...right?

Thanks
Not sure what koopa is referring to... normally coho opens July 1 along with Chinook in area 5. You can't keep wild, and no minimum size. This year pinks should also be open July 1.

Aug 15 the Chinook closure takes affect.

Siv

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
So again - does this mean yes for Coho in July?

thanks

Strait of Juan de Fuca at Sekiu (5) fishing for hatchery kings is open July 1 to Aug. 15 – with a quota of 4,077 – and then reverts to pinks and hatchery coho from Aug. 16 to Sept. 30.”

tacklejacked

Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
So again - does this mean yes for Coho in July?

thanks

Strait of Juan de Fuca at Sekiu (5) fishing for hatchery kings is open July 1 to Aug. 15 – with a quota of 4,077 – and then reverts to pinks and hatchery coho from Aug. 16 to Sept. 30.”
Yes

Reactions: Siv