suhster85

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 9, 2020
Orange County, CA
Name
Daniel Suh
Boat
None
Hello. I’m in Irvine and am wondering if there are any good spots where I can go to throw some jigs. Ocean would be great but any body of water would work I guess. I’m guessing somewhere in newport is closest but I’m not sure where I can go. Thanks for any suggestions!

jrodda

Interpersonal Reiteration Consultant
Sep 8, 2012
United States
Name
Jeremy Rodda
Boat
15' Saturn SK470XL "Mosquito"
Jetty would be best, you might even find a stray snot stick. Surf works too, except for when it doesn't. Back bay is also an option.

suhster85

Aug 9, 2020
Orange County, CA
Name
Daniel Suh
Boat
None
Jetty would be best, you might even find a stray snot stick. Surf works too, except for when it doesn't. Back bay is also an option.
Thanks for reply. I’m not really too familiar with the area. Can you tell me how to get to the jetty and where to park etc?

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Hello. I’m in Irvine and am wondering if there are any good spots where I can go to throw some jigs. Ocean would be great but any body of water would work I guess. I’m guessing somewhere in newport is closest but I’m not sure where I can go. Thanks for any suggestions!
you should check out the big Ponds in wood Bridge,
and just make sure you have A fishing License,
I just throw A jig with no Hook.

Reactions: 45king and kbray001

suhster85

Aug 9, 2020
Orange County, CA
Name
Daniel Suh
Boat
None
you should check out the big Ponds in wood Bridge,
and just make sure you have A fishing License,
I just throw A jig with no Hook.
Thank you! Definitely didn’t think about that. I’ll check them out. You need a license for that though? Are there fish in those ponds?

suhster85

Aug 9, 2020
Orange County, CA
Name
Daniel Suh
Boat
None
yep, there is A big pond of Culver, and
you don't what to chance it .
Thanks for the tip. I thought about those ponds the other day but would've never thought to bring a license. I thought they were like big pools lol!