Oahu Charter Recommendations

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by TEAM SHARK, Sep 12, 2010.

1. TEAM SHARK

TEAM SHARK Newbie

My wife and I will be vacationing in Oahu from Oct. 18-Nov.1. We are looking to get on a charter under the share rate. We would like a full day of fishing and hope to hook up on some nice fish. After doing a little research, I believe that marlin fishing should be in full swing during the time when we will be there. Can anyone recommend the best charters to fish off Oahu? Is it better to get on vessel out of the North Shore or Waikiki Beach during the end of October? We want to fish aboard serious vessels that have professional Captains, not someone who is just going to give us the tourist cruise. I take my fishing serious. In the order of preference, we would love to hookup on a marlin, spearfish, or tuna. We also wouldn't mind catching a bull mahi or wahoo.

Thanks in advance,

2. mikebk808

mikebk808 Stop crying and CRANK!

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Still looking
    The Magic is a good boat out of Kewalo's near Waikiki.

3. TEAM SHARK

TEAM SHARK Newbie

Anyone else. I did a search, but most of the posts seemed out dated. I wanted to make sure before I booked. Any more recommendations.

4. JROLAND

JROLAND "Wings of Lightning"

Name:
    JOE ROLAND
    Boat:
    "007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
    2nd the "Magic", if you want to fish the North Shore "Foxy Lady" with CPT Dave.

5. CHRISTINA GAIL

CHRISTINA GAIL Newbie

Name:
    BEN
    Boat:
    21 ALI'I KAI - CHRISTINA GAIL
    MAGGIE JOE CAUGHT THE 1245 LB MARLIN LAST YEAR IN OCTOBER I BELIEVE. WILD BUNCH IS ALSO GOOD. BOTH OUT OF KEWALO, JUST OUTSIDE OF WAIKIKI. IS SEASICKNESS A CONCERN CAUSE OUR WATER CAN BE RUFF! THAT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE ON WHERE THEY TAKE YOU TO FISH. THERES BEEN MANY AND I MEAN MANY CHARTERS THAT CLAIM TO NEVER GET SEA SICK THEN THEY DO AND ASK TO TURN AROUND. ON A SHARED CHARTER THE OTHER CLIENTS HAVE A RIGHT TO KEEP GOING NO MATTER HOW SICK YOU GET. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEARCH. ALOHA!

6. TEAM SHARK

TEAM SHARK Newbie

This time of the year is better to fish off the North Shore or Waikiki?

7. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    if your going to fish and do a share charter, go with magic as they do a number of share charters. if you want to book the boat for a private/exclusive charter go with chupu charters out of haleiwa. if your wife gets seasick and or wants flat calm water go with livebait sportfishing out of wainae. here is magic's catch last year in the timeframe your talking about Slideshow

you can go here to the chupu catch gallery to see what they caught last year www.chupu.com

8. beachboi26

beachboi26 Newbie

Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    26ft alumaweld
    Maggie Joe

9. TEAM SHARK

TEAM SHARK Newbie

Thanks for the information. Can someone explain to me how the catch works. I was informed that so much of the fish is sold at auction and some you get to keep. How does this work? Who's catch is it? Who keeps the proceeds? I am not familar with this system.

10. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    depends on each boat as they all have their own policy. best bet is to talk to the captain before you book. i have no clue how the catch would be divided or if it even is on a share charter. i believe chupu's policy is for a full day charter the client gets 50lbs of fish before they are cleaned and 25lbs on a half day charter. i recall when i fished magic it was the client gets fish under 100 lbs, we caught a 40 lb ono and they steaked it up for us there and we tore it up that night. each boat has its own policy so ask when you book, even better get it in writing in an email.

11. relentlessbk

relentlessbk Newbie

Name:
    bkaneko
    Boat:
    2865 Pursuit Denali
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>Call Momi </o:p>bean - cell 808-217-0369. Great guy. He'll take care of you.
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

12. East Side

East Side Certified Masterb8er

Name:
    James
    Boat:
    23' Custom, Caroline II
    x2