O-side jetty fatty and a short flattie.

joshc1024

Aug 23, 2009
Menifee
Name
Josh
Boat
Boat club
I got offwork early today. So I went to fish the O-side jetty hoping to catch a surfperch big enough to place in the derby that I signed up at a local tackle shop.I am a total noob at surf fishing, but with the advice I got from another postI was able to spot a hole with in casting distance of the jetty. First cast inI was bit within seconds! It turned out to be a nice perch, my personal best! Aftera quick picture back to the water it went.
IMG_0152.jpg
Third cast at the same spot I gotslammed again and this one felt even bigger than the first one! I slowly finesseit in while thinking that I might have hooked a corbina. To my surprise, it wasa fatty perch. It was apparent to me this perch was pregnant so I took a quickphoto and released it.
IMG_0153.jpg
I moved down to the end of the jetty, made 10 or 15casts for nothing, so I went back to the original spot to fish swimbait(3in bighammer on 3/4oz head and unibutter). A few casts later I got hit again! After ashort fight a small halibut came up. It was released after a quick photo.
IMG_0154-1.jpg
I rounded the dayoff with a few more palm size perch.

Btw I used 2in camo gulp worm and size 6 mosquito hook.

Upvote 0

nefarious235

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
That thing was huge.

Upvote 0