JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
Finally back from Colorado training our young pilots on mountain flying before our upcoming trip to Afghanistan. Have missed the hot bites while away and was looking forward to getting the boat wet and putting some blood on the deck. Headed out at 0530, started at the X and worked our way down the 1000 fathom to the II pulling everything from the Black bart breakfast to 7" pearl heads. We picked up the Mahi on the J with a Junior Long Range prpl/blk/slvr (my son Sean put that one together and was stoked his was the one to pick up a fish). Had another Mahi come unbuttoned after taking a ballyhoo at the J. No big bird piles just a bunch in 1 and 2 out searching. Headed in from the II with no other bites. We are going out again on Sun/Mon but this time will try to get some live bait first. Looking to fish either east or westside depending on weather and bite. Home with family, deck was bloody and mahi for dinner (life is good). I attached a photo of the mountain training area we used (Pikes Peak) not a bad view to have for 6 hours a day/night flying. Tight lines and safe travels.

v/r Joe

Attachments

jd808

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 18, 2010
Kalama Valley, HI
Name
JD
Boat
24' Alii Kai "Goose"
Joe,

Welcome home. Nice pictures. Pikes Peak is a cool place to spend some time.

Aloha,
JD

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Joe and Family,
Glad you returned safely from the mainland, got the boat wet and bloodied her deck. Thanks for the reminder on the smaller soft head, it was pretty effective in the past, I'll have to dust it off. Good luck on your next excursion, maybe we'll see ya out there...

Cheers
Pat