IM2MONEY

Almost A Member
Aug 7, 2007
Huntington Beach CA
Name
Jimmy
Boat
Boston whaler 19
What I'm I doing wrong!!I fished today from 9-1:00 only one bay bass.
I fished PCH bridge no luck, hit lot’s of boat moorings only one small bass. I was using 3 inch swim baits.

Attachments

• baybass1.JPG
    baybass1.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 22
Upvote 0

Gino The Bass

Oct 18, 2008
Dana Point
Name
Gino
Boat
floaties and speedo
gulp = spottie magnet. Ghost shrimp, shrimp and jerk shad is the best.

I was out yesterday morning, caught the biggest diamon Turbot Ive ever seen, Sucker was 18inches. Released! got him by the PCH bridge.

Upvote 0

GREYSKULL

Apr 15, 2010
Orange County
Name
James
Boat
none
I personally dont have much luck with with swim baits. If you slow roll them they usually just lay on its side along the bottom = no bueno. I like using small grubs or small craws... but thats just me. Good luck!

Upvote 0

calibassin

Almost A Member
Apr 15, 2010
Chino Hills,ca
Name
Jeff
Boat
no boat yet
Well high tide was at 10:50am so you only had a little over an hour of rising tide and the rest of the time was out going so that could've been the problem? Other than swim baits, i've caught fish on BG swimming mullets as well

Upvote 0

phanatic!

Almost A Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fountain Valley, CA
Name
Danny
Boat
15' & 21' Bayrunner Baja's & 23' Pacific
Make sure your presentation is very slow. Use ultra light setup so that you can feel every tick on the other end of the line. Go during high tide. And lastly LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! If you are not getting any nibbles in one area, then move. Keep moving until you find a more productive spot.

I found my new honey hole this week. I caught around 30 spotties within an hour. It was like catching a bunch of mackies out in the open. They were all bunched up together and every cast I threw at that specific spot I would get slammed. Anywhere else around it I wouldn't get as many bites. I would catch a spottie on literally every other cast. At one time, it was non stop action where I would get slammed on every cast and was catching them from left to right.

Sometimes you could do everything right but if there aren't any fish where you are fishing, then you're not going to catch any fish. You've got to fish where the fish are and with that comes time to really know the water by experience. The more you are out there, the more you will know which parts of the harbor are most productive and which are least productive.

Just keep working any visible structure and soon you will be catching more fish than you can count. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Xlittleklausyx

Team Bass Flag
Mar 2, 2010
Costa Mesa, Orange County
www.teambassflag.com
Name
Klaus
Boat
Caddis Navigator II Float Tube
Make sure your presentation is very slow. Use ultra light setup so that you can feel every tick on the other end of the line. Go during high tide. And lastly LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! If you are not getting any nibbles in one area, then move. Keep moving until you find a more productive spot.

I found my new honey hole this week. I caught around 30 spotties within an hour. It was like catching a bunch of mackies out in the open. They were all bunched up together and every cast I threw at that specific spot I would get slammed. Anywhere else around it I wouldn't get as many bites. I would catch a spottie on literally every other cast. At one time, it was non stop action where I would get slammed on every cast and was catching them from left to right.

Sometimes you could do everything right but if there aren't any fish where you are fishing, then you're not going to catch any fish. You've got to fish where the fish are and with that comes time to really know the water by experience. The more you are out there, the more you will know which parts of the harbor are most productive and which are least productive.

Just keep working any visible structure and soon you will be catching more fish than you can count. Good luck!

I Need to find this magic area!

Upvote 0

vincentek9

halibut suck
Apr 9, 2010
anaheim, CA
Name
Vince
Boat
AVparker
like phanatic said, SLOW PRESENTATION. if you feel the swimbait dragging on the ground.. YOU'RE DOING IT RIGHT! and i like to go by the general rule of thumb "darker baits in darker waters, brighter baits in lighter waters"

looking at your picture, the water seems somewhat green but pretty clear. i would use bh atomic punk, clear redflake, city chicken, bay smelt, sexy smelt, spottie special etc.

Upvote 0

Latest posts