Mtnfshr

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 20, 2011
Thornton
Name
Chuck Mc
Boat
none
I believe he did post it somewhere. As I recall,it was used in an irrigation canal or two in Imperial County. I also believe it involved trolling,maybe. From a truck or tractor on the road above?

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
SAN DIEGO
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
Nephilim surf rod....

steelfish

the BBB, Baja Bass Boy..
Oct 16, 2008
Calexico, Ca / BAJA,Mexico
Name
Alex
Boat
Boatless
I believe he did post it somewhere. As I recall,it was used in an irrigation canal or two in Imperial County. I also believe it involved trolling,maybe. From a truck or tractor on the road above?
I recall seeing a video like that, but never though it was this same rod, now that you say it there was a guy on a tractor driving along the colorado channel in imperial with a big long rod trolling a lure.

if that was the video then.. I saw it

Retired1

Fishing n Music
Jun 3, 2017
Las Vegas
Name
Christopher
Boat
Jailbait sold
Pretty interesting find.
How the heck do you transport such a thing? Must be fun running line thru all the eyes too. I'm not even sure how I would rig up to wrap something like that other than outside and a whole lotta jury rigging.
Years ago I bought this thing made of plastic that you can hook to your car window and close the window (front n back window) and just put the rods onto the hooks and wrap the bunge thats attched to secure it. I went all over the SF bay area with my one piece rod hunting for stripers with that.

makairaa

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Cool rod, but wouldn't a planer board be a hell of a lot easier?