RichG

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
Depend on which boat and where you go. Usually a variety trip. Tina, yellowtail, wahoo, dorado, etc.

Reactions: Steve K
Steve K
Steve K
Some boats fish Lupe, some don’t, so are you talking Intrepid?
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sep 30, 2019
Washington
Name
Brandon
Boat
Duckworth
We did a November 8 day in 2019 on the Indy. We fished the ridge and alijos. Most of the passengers were limited out with a combination of yellowfin, yellowtail, wahoo, dorado, miscellaneous rockfish and a few marlin mixed in. Tuna were school size but abundant at the ridge up to 40lbs. It was a great trip. Depending on what boat you are on, Guadalupe might be in the cards which would be my preference on destinations for an 8 day.

Upvote 0

Joe-in-MN

Fishing from 40 below to 120 above..
Sep 10, 2017
minnesota
Name
Joseph Koep
Boat
American Angler , Ice Castle Fish House
Looking at the American Angler for week before Thanksgiving
My favorite boat, I always fish the 10 day after Thanksgiving. It's always been good. Some years wahoo, tuna, and yellowtail.

Last trip we almost plugged the boat at the lupe with 60 to 130 pound tuna. Everyone had one over 100lbs easily. I'd jump on that or the 10 day I believe they both have a spot all the sudden. It won't last long.

I can say you will love everyone involved in that operation, from the minute you book with Lori until the time you get off the boat. They work hard, treat you like family.

As far as good fisherman, I fish all over and all the time every week I'm fishing something somewhere. I have fished with tons of people some very well known ones in the fishing world. I always say you don't know how to describe it. But some people just catch fish , they just have "It" whatever "It" is. Captains Ray and Brian have "It". That's the highest compliment I can give in my opinion.

Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler
    My favorite boat, I always fish the 10 day after Thanksgiving. It's always been good. Some years wahoo, tuna, and yellowtail.

Last trip we almost plugged the boat at the lupe with 60 to 130 pound tuna. Everyone had one over 100lbs easily. I'd jump on that or the 10 day I believe they both have a spot all the sudden. It won't last long.

I can say you will love everyone involved in that operation, from the minute you book with Lori until the time you get off the boat. They work hard, treat you like family.

As far as good fisherman, I fish all over and all the time every week I'm fishing something somewhere. I have fished with tons of people some very well known ones in the fishing world. I always say you don't know how to describe it. But some people just catch fish , they just have "It" whatever "It" is. Captains Ray and Brian have "It". That's the highest compliment I can give in my opinion.
    What he said. See you on the 28th Joe

Upvote 0

tunacraze

• Nov 27, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    Steve Brunton
    Boat
    The Big Ones
    I think we are going to the 'Lupe on the 6th. 3 days is $475. They won't spend the whole trip there on an 8 day.

Upvote 0

CMYSIX

• Aug 22, 2020
    Opelika al
    Name
    Quinn L Chenelle
    Boat
    Independence
    I think we are going to the 'Lupe on the 6th. 3 days is $475. They won't spend the whole trip there on an 8 day.
    OK lets say 4 $636, based on your 3 fee, sorry was a 164 off with the OTHER Fee's you get hit with when checking in 164? that's $800. LUPE fee's are over and above everything else.

T
    tunacraze
    Yep! It makes Lori's job that much harder too. She has to make sure everyone is on board with the extra 'Lupe fees well in advance.
    Reactions: Cubeye
    Upvote 0

Tom Honaker

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 27, 2015
    Hotchkiss Colorado
    Name
    Tom Honaker
    Boat
    Royal Star
    We did a November 8 day in 2019 on the Indy. We fished the ridge and alijos. Most of the passengers were limited out with a combination of yellowfin, yellowtail, wahoo, dorado, miscellaneous rockfish and a few marlin mixed in. Tuna were school size but abundant at the ridge up to 40lbs. It was a great trip. Depending on what boat you are on, Guadalupe might be in the cards which would be my preference on destinations for an 8 day.

OK lets say 4 $636, based on your 3 fee, sorry was a 164 off with the OTHER Fee's you get hit with when checking in 164? that's $800. LUPE fee's are over and above everything else.
    You can only fish 3 days there.

Warlord
    Warlord
    You can now fish for more than three days. It’s $250 for the permit and $75/day.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
    Oct 1, 2009
    Green Valley, Az
    Name
    Lou Salatich
    Boat
    none
    I booked the 10 day after Thanksgiving. I will have to behave myself :( as the wife is coming along. She typically doesn't do any trip over 8 days. No I have go shopping for a few rods and reels for her

Reactions: stephen campbell
    T
    tunacraze
    Double up! I've been doing trips with my son for 15 years. Good luck! should be a fun trip. Is it AA?
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! nice trip.

Upvote 0

Joe-in-MN

Fishing from 40 below to 120 above..
    Sep 10, 2017
    minnesota
    Name
    Joseph Koep
    Boat
    American Angler , Ice Castle Fish House
    I booked the 10 day after Thanksgiving. I will have to behave myself :( as the wife is coming along. She typically doesn't do any trip over 8 days. No I have go shopping for a few rods and reels for her

Fantastic I look forward to fishing with you!!!

The reps for Turners and Izorline are awsome, and it's a good core group returning it looks like. Should be great.

Reactions: Intrepid Fan
    Upvote 0

Sciaenops

Nov 23, 2005
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Keith
    Boat
    Aquasport Explorer 225
    Gud luk on the trip Steve. We’re on the trip after yours so we’ll see you at the docks. Keith

T
    tunacraze
    Good fishing with you last year. Sorry you couldn't come earlier this year with Garrett. Look forward to seeing you at the dock.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0