Nov 9th Maui - Personal Best Mahi

SEA SEVEN

Feb 2, 2006
San Diego
Name
None
Boat
None
Caught this 40lb at JJ on the 9th, but got my ass handed to me on the way back. Good 10' waves with 35+ winds. Trades are unforgiving, still better than going 100+ miles just to get on a bite. Would have caught more, guess thats the price for going solo. So much Mahi being caught in Maui right now.. er Too much. Havent been able to sell any to my fav restaurants, they are stacked with mahi, so my neighbors and friends are enjoying the benis of fresh fish. Hopefully this weather blew them mahi off, I need to make a few bucks back

.Mahi.jpg

Tight Lines

Joe

firefishq

May 17, 2013
So Cal
Name
A
Boat
none
I was out there last month and saw guys bringing fresh catch into the restaurants every night. Next time I'm on Maui, I'll go fishing with you. Great looking fish.

Baller

Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
That's a stud fish right there. My favorite fish..

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Nice BULL, for sure. Sorry to hear the market is flooded over there, almost not worth goin'. But then again a day on the water is hard to beat.

Cheers
Pat

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
17' Seaswirl Striper CC, Krystana C.
Nice fish! Glad you made it in safely too. Nothing beats fresh mahi for dinner!

CaptnJD

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 23, 2003
O'Side
Name
James
Boat
Skipjack 25, "BREAKAWAY" & CABO 35 "REEL AQUASITION"
Thats one MahiMahiMahiMahi for sure!

Calishark

Hook UP!!!
Sep 12, 2013
San Diego
Name
Glenn
Boat
Ho
Do you need a license to sell the fish to the restaurants? As a owner I would be worried about buying fish from someone who didn't handle it correctly. But I guess when you buy it you can tell. Just figured there would be some type of liability if someone got sick.

LundieF

Jul 3, 2009
Haiku
Name
Lundie
Boat
20' Shamrock WA, Maka 'oi 'oi II
Do you need a license to sell the fish to the restaurants? As a owner I would be worried about buying fish from someone who didn't handle it correctly. But I guess when you buy it you can tell. Just figured there would be some type of liability if someone got sick.
Just the usual commercial license. People around here take pretty good care of their fish for just that reason.

Calishark

Hook UP!!!
Sep 12, 2013
San Diego
Name
Glenn
Boat
Ho
Is a commercial license easy to obtain? Assuming it just cost money and maybe a food handling class? Just interested in how a private boater sells their catch to restaurants. How much per pound do you get for Maui, tuna, etc?