Dexter Outdoors

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Keeping my fingers crossed that we do get into the wahoo, hot and heavy! Also hoping the larger models of YFT show up on the lower banks to round out the trip south.

PM sent.
That would be the best senario for our trip. It would give us some great action for the video!!! Can’t wait.

snordo

Almost A Member
Sep 21, 2005
Torrance
Name
Gregg
Boat
Indy
That would be the best senario for our trip. It would give us some great action for the video!!! Can’t wait.
Seriously! After the big wind event at the end of this week, we cannot count on the local bluefin action to stick around or can we? Who has the crystal ball...

The larger YFT are usually located around the middle of November and hope that trend continues this year as well.

It's too soon to figure out what gear to bring, lol.

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Seriously! After the big wind event at the end of this week, we cannot count on the local bluefin action to stick around or can we? Who has the crystal ball...

The larger YFT are usually located around the middle of November and hope that trend continues this year as well.

It's too soon to figure out what gear to bring, lol.
Yep so that’s why you bring it ALL!!!! Lol
Im bringing 30-150 and backup setups. Lol

Reactions: DesotoBound

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
We are down to 12 days until departure. Talked to Matt this morning about our trip and the conditions down south. Looks like we will be heading down south since the water temps are finally starting to drop which should help the wahoo bite increase. I guess the conditions are about to change for the better which is good news. Time to get ready!!!

Reactions: Big carp and snordo

snordo

Almost A Member
Sep 21, 2005
Torrance
Name
Gregg
Boat
Indy
We are down to 12 days until departure. Talked to Matt this morning about our trip and the conditions down south. Looks like we will be heading down south since the water temps are finally starting to drop which should help the wahoo bite increase. I guess the conditions are about to change for the better which is good news. Time to get ready!!!
Getting excited!!!
Rods and reels are locked and loaded and just waiting for fresh line.
Terminal tackle is my next project...

Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2017
La Mirada/Whittier
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
Oh, haven't heard much on them but if they are captaining the Indy I no doubt know they are some of the best. Best of luck on the trip, wish I could go but responsiblities and a hefty price tag keep me from that.

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Per Captain Matt, The Bluefin wont be in play for our trip unless we head back north early because they are chewing WFO and our fishing was slow down south.
With water temps dropping, he expects the fishing down south to be picking up.

Reactions: tom fowlks

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
There’s sign of wahoo in the usual spots. Rumors of cows off Cabo Home guard yellowtail chewing at the rocks. Enjoy. Will be be cow hunting soon
Yeah those yellowtail have been 50 lb brutes. Saw some at the docks last weekend and they had some serious shoulders. They were getting them on an all night bite in 300 ft of water.

Mar 10, 2020
San Diego
Name
John
Boat
Not Yet
I recall seeing the Indy will be returning from a 10 day trip right before Thanksgiving. Anyone know the ETA/scheduled return time on the docks? Might be a good preview for the Fins trip.

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
I recall seeing the Indy will be returning from a 10 day trip right before Thanksgiving. Anyone know the ETA/scheduled return time on the docks? Might be a good preview for the Fins trip.
I think they come back on Tuesday am about 5:30 ish. I saw their catch when this trip was going out. Big Yellowtail and some 40-50 lb wahoo. No big tuna

snordo

Almost A Member
Sep 21, 2005
Torrance
Name
Gregg
Boat
Indy
The Indy arrives on the 25th (Wednesday) and they usually get in around 5:30-6:30 am, depending on the number of other boats coming in to stagger the docking and unloading for each boat. Here is the screenshot from longrangesportfishing.net website (schedules).

1606198389920.png

Our trip is the second one out of the gate on Friday and 3 other long-range boats are scheduled:

Shogun 8:00 am
Indy 9:00 am
Royal Star 10:00 am
Polaris Supreme 2:00 pm

Fisherman's Landing has 4 other boats going out from day trips to 3 days.
Pt. Loma has 5 boats from 1/2 day to 2.5 days
H&M has 3-4 trips

So, parking will be a mess.

Last edited: