Dexter Outdoors

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
I am happy to put this news out regarding the 11 day trip on the Independence which leaves Friday Nov 27. I have been working to get a videographer on board this trip to start a new series of long range fishing video's. We currently have a commitment from Mike Wallace of TripleWall productions to be our videographer. Mike is extremely talented at his craft and for those that don't know who he is or know the quality of his work, you can look up his Going Long video series on youtube. This trip still has some openings but those wont last forever.
I have a great group of local guys going so far. Some that have been long time friends and others that are good friends thru my construction industry work. Everyone is easy going and easy to get along with, and certainly no rude, aggressive or "that guy" types. This is an open trip but we will be giving away some fishing swag items, along with a free raffle of tackle items and producing a TV quality video show. So if your not skeeeerd come join the fun!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: CartridgeCalls

Tymeflyme

Almost A Member
Feb 14, 2012
Albuquerque
Name
Vince
Boat
Isabel
Where has this trip fished in the past on a 11 day during late November early December? Is Wahoo fishing a possibility or is it a big fist trip primarily Lower banks?

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Where has this trip fished in the past on a 11 day during late November early December? Is Wahoo fishing a possibility or is it a big fist trip primarily Lower banks?

This particular trip was a 15 day trip to Hurricane Bank for the past 15 years. That groups trip was moved so it left an opening in the schedule. They added this 11 day trip to fill the open slot. This time of year is most commonly known for variety trips along the ridge and lower banks. I'm hopeful we will get some time on the lower banks and then fish our way north along the ridge banks for the variety of tuna, wahoo, dorado, and possibly others. It really depends on conditions, current and captains discretion. But you will always get some variety on these type of trips due to the run & gun style of fishing.

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
We have a great video guy on this trip and we’re starting a whole new series of Long range fishing video’s. So if your not shy come join us on a fun fishing adventure.

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Yeah Mike is pretty incredible at his craft. He's really good at keeping the viewer's attention. I also love that he interacts with the fisherman. Should be a great time.

Tom Honaker

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
There was pretty decent wahoo fishing there last year at alijos during that time frame. Some stellar Guadalupe tuna fishing on the bigger models that time of year as well! 11 days is more than long enough to do both. Plus there may be some jumbos on the lower banks as well. In my opinion, that's a good time of year to do a 11 day trip!

Reactions: FinHunter619

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
There was pretty decent wahoo fishing there last year at alijos during that time frame. Some stellar Guadalupe tuna fishing on the bigger models that time of year as well! 11 days is more than long enough to do both. Plus there may be some jumbos on the lower banks as well. In my opinion, that's a good time of year to do a 11 day trip!

I agree Tom. I was on the Indy with a different group last year at the exact same time but we were out at Hurricane bank fishing for big tuna and wahoo. The Red Rooster 3 came out but left after only a day to go back inside and fish the lower banks. That paid off for them big time. I think they got 20 fish over 200#'s and 3 or 4 over 300#'s. Hopefully we will have a couple days on the jumbo's and then fish for the variety of wahoo, dorado, tuna, & ? So, it will be a true variety trip.

Last edited:

Tom Honaker

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
I agree Tom. I was on the Indy with a different group last year at the exact same time but we were out at Hurricane bank fishing for big tuna and wahoo. The Red Rooster 3 came out but left after only a day to go back inside and fish the lower banks. That paid off for them big time. I think they got 20 fish over 200#'s and 3 or 4 over 300#'s. Hopefully we will have a couple days on the jumbo's and then fish for the variety of wahoo, dorado, tuna, & ? So, it will be a true variety trip.
Lots of options! That's what makes it so fun in my book! You just never know what the plan is until you get on the boat! Those fall trips are my favorite, especially considering how good the wahoo fishing has been the last few years on the slug wahoo!

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Lots of options! That's what makes it so fun in my book! You just never know what the plan is until you get on the boat! Those fall trips are my favorite, especially considering how good the wahoo fishing has been the last few years on the slug wahoo!

Yeah I agree, the variety and the hunting style of fishing is really fun. Always finding new schools in new water keeps the anticipation high. Yes, last year there were some super wahoo logs caught during the fall season. I think some were in the 70 pound class. i love getting wahoo for making my delicious enchiladas. I have a buddy that makes me smoked wahoo tamales and they are OUTSTANDING!!!

Reactions: tom fowlks

Tymeflyme

Almost A Member
Feb 14, 2012
Albuquerque
Name
Vince
Boat
Isabel
Sounds like a great trip, I would like to fish the lower banks and catch a big tuna and have the opportunity to fish multiple destination with the Lupe as one of possibilities. I wouldn’t be able to do this year but I’m probably going in 2021😎

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Sounds like a great trip, I would like to fish the lower banks and catch a big tuna and have the opportunity to fish multiple destination with the Lupe as one of possibilities. I wouldn’t be able to do this year but I’m probably going in 2021😎
You are more than welcome to come join the group next year if you wish. You will be able to sign up for next years trip about 1 week after we return from this year's trip. Also, next year's trip could be a 12 day so that extra day really helps when going to lower banks area..

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980

As the Indy is starting to work on her fall schedule for next year 2021, it looks like our Thanksgiving trip will be getting some extra days due to T-day moving forward on the calendar. It sounds like 1 day for sure but quite possibly 2 more days. Which would make it a 12 day or possibly a 13 day trip. I have mentioned that my group would take as many days as they can give us. So we will see where we end up for next year. More days just means more options and more video footage!!!!

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Looks like we picked up another booking this past weekend. We are slowly inching our way up the ladder. I still have a couple guys on the fence as well. I think as we get into Sept the fall season we will get a few more that are on the fence to pull the trigger. We have a videographer on this trip that many say is the best around. So come join the fun and be in the very first of our new annual video series on long range fishing.

Reactions: tom fowlks

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
I just signed up on the trip Wednesday night and looking forward to meeting you all!
Sweet, Welcome to the trip. Most of my guys are in the construction industry, both the field or in mgmt positions., so you should get along with everyone just fine. : )
I have been watching the list and we have a couple new bookings so you are clearly one of them. I'm sure the last 10 spots will start to get booked up. PM me your name and shirt size so I don't have to wait on Judy to send it to me. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: snordo

snordo

Almost A Member
Sep 21, 2005
Torrance
Name
Gregg
Boat
Indy
Sweet, Welcome to the trip. Most of my guys are in the construction industry, both the field or in mgmt positions., so you should get along with everyone just fine. : )
I have been watching the list and we have a couple new bookings so you are clearly one of them. I'm sure the last 10 spots will start to get booked up. PM me your name and shirt size so I don't have to wait on Judy to send it to me. Thanks

PM sent

Reactions: FinHunter619