jdoi

Jul 28, 2013
Hawaii
www.youtube.com
Name
Jasen Doi
Boat
Miss Stacie 17' Makai
Took my girlfriend fishing for the second time out of Kona. Back in July she caught her first ahi weighing in at 163 pounds ( http://youtu.be/xc9Ij_JX7io ) but she really wanted to catch a marlin. We set out of Honokohau hoping to run into a porpoise school down south. No action really so we headed back north. Outside of pine trees around the 500 Fathom ledge I saw a dark red mark on the screen. I jokingly told my girlfriend something might come up and bite. 15 seconds later we were hooked up.

Caught on a 9" Gaji Red Fusion Flasher

Here's the link to the marlin video

http://youtu.be/y4vpzVtbpi8

Attachments

Last edited:

manu-o-ku

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 13, 2012
Honolulu, hawaii
Name
luke
Boat
170 Montauk
Nice catch. I love to see small boats hookup with big fish. I sure do envy your waters in Kona, makes me want to move to BI.

changboy

Nov 9, 2009
Honolulu
Name
Brian
Boat
"PARIS C" 23 sportcraft custom
cheeehoo good going, gonna have to make one smoker now!

Now Voyager

Aug 26, 2013
United States
Name
Ben Lazar
Boat
No Boat
Nice fish. Would have been really great to see it boatside before release. Sorry, hanging marlin bum me out.

poidog

lurker
Jun 5, 2012
BI
Name
poidog
Boat
18'
Nice fish. Would have been really great to see it boatside before release. Sorry, hanging marlin bum me out.
while most here enjoy the "sport", we fish for a reason..to eat what we catch. don't worry it wasn't wasted. marlin this size are prized for eating not hugging and kissing.

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Jasen, Your Sweetie and the rest of the crew, good goin on the Kajiki. Nice call on turning the mark on the recorder into a fish in the boat. Thanks for the vid.

Cheers
Pat

elevated

Sacred Pursuit GS
Jun 29, 2010
Honolulu, Hi
Name
Lucas
Boat
The Lone Reeler
awesome man! congrats, got me motivated to get the go pro out just now and take it fishing with me and my girl! aloha.