Not so happy with Accurate....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDM Phil

Dec 21, 2010
west palm beach Florida
Name
Phil
well about 2 weeks ago I had sent in my 2 reels, a 870 and 665h for service. I had recieved the usual calls from them saying the reel was ready and nothing was wrong with it.

I recieved the reels back yesterday morning..... I started putting the 870 onto the rod and noticed the line on the reel was comming out from under the spool rather than on top. I thought maybe they took my top shot off and wound it on the wrong way. As I started to strip line away I engaged the drag and noticed the handle was spinning when I did this, not to mention when trying to reel the handle the spool went the opposite direction of the line.

I called in to accurate and spoke to Perii who than gave me over to the lead tech Jose. Jose said theed spool must be on backwards. he instructed me on how to remove the spool to flip it. upon disassembly we found the spool was on the correct way.
He than asked if it did that before service which it did not. reguardless if it did I sent it in for service I would have expected a call letting me know something was wrong with the reel rather than a call saying it was ready to go like I had recieved.

So no they are sending a call tag to get the reel from me to fix it, Im a little disapointed in Accurate to be honest, yes the reels are amazing and work great but the Q&A was not up to par. so all in all im out a reel again for another week or so. hopefully they can fix the issue that was created

Crashmister

Jun 12, 2012
Fort Lauderdale Florida
Name
Pat Dirindin
Boat
BankShot (shopping)
Hey Phil!
If you can, next time take it to Jeff at T&R. Guy's a friggin wizard with Accurates. He can do most service while you wait and he's very reasonable. He's also certified to do Accurate work so warranty isn't an issue.

GDM Phil

Dec 21, 2010
west palm beach Florida
Name
Phil
shit wish I knew that he was certified in accurate,I figured sending it in is the best thing I can do, Ive had great success with Avet service so I figured why ont send my accurates to the manufacture.

XL1

XL1
Aug 26, 2011
usa
Name
XL
Boat
www.excelsportfishing.com
Hey Phil!
If you can, next time take it to Jeff at T&R. Guy's a friggin wizard with Accurates. He can do most service while you wait and he's very reasonable. He's also certified to do Accurate work so warranty isn't an issue.
We are all human, every body makes a mistake here or there.

That said T and R tackle in Light House Point is the BOMB and Jeff is a wizard on top of being a certified accurate tech. 954.776.1055

Sep 16, 2007
glendora ca.
Name
steve huth
Boat
mike's-bill's good to have friends
well about 2 weeks ago I had sent in my 2 reels, a 870 and 665h for service. I had recieved the usual calls from them saying the reel was ready and nothing was wrong with it.

I recieved the reels back yesterday morning..... I started putting the 870 onto the rod and noticed the line on the reel was comming out from under the spool rather than on top. I thought maybe they took my top shot off and wound it on the wrong way. As I started to strip line away I engaged the drag and noticed the handle was spinning when I did this, not to mention when trying to reel the handle the spool went the opposite direction of the line.

I called in to accurate and spoke to Perii who than gave me over to the lead tech Jose. Jose said theed spool must be on backwards. he instructed me on how to remove the spool to flip it. upon disassembly we found the spool was on the correct way.
He than asked if it did that before service which it did not. reguardless if it did I sent it in for service I would have expected a call letting me know something was wrong with the reel rather than a call saying it was ready to go like I had recieved.

So no they are sending a call tag to get the reel from me to fix it, Im a little disapointed in Accurate to be honest, yes the reels are amazing and work great but the Q&A was not up to par. so all in all im out a reel again for another week or so. hopefully they can fix the issue that was created
spool was installed wrong.

GDM Phil

Dec 21, 2010
west palm beach Florida
Name
Phil
what about the fact that when taking line off the handle turns? the spool cant be reversed according to the head tech at accurate mine only goes on one way. the side where the spool goes into the handle is not as thick as the other side.

Sep 16, 2007
glendora ca.
Name
steve huth
Boat
how old is the reel? on the sideplate under the bearing is it stamped 7 bearings or does the frame side have 6 bearings on it? I have never seen a small spool with different sides. if the handle turns backwords then the antireverse bearing is bad. does the spool spin free in freespool?

GDM Phil

Dec 21, 2010
west palm beach Florida
Name
Phil
its decently old not sure the exact age..the tech from accurate said he has no idea whats wrong to send it back. my thing is it didnt do this before I sent it in. even so I sent it in for service where is the QC?

Sep 16, 2007
glendora ca.
Name
steve huth
Boat
Do not know what happen to QC. I do know that Accurate has over the last year fired most of there long term people who were on salary.replacing with?

GDM Phil

Dec 21, 2010
west palm beach Florida
Name
Phil
Do not know what happen to QC. I do know that Accurate has over the last year fired most of there long term people who were on salary.replacing with?
I mean dont get me wrong the phone service was great Perri is def a awesome woman who helps alot. I was just disapointedthat this is how my reel came back. mostly upset that my wife took my 665 to use on the boat yesterday :-)

Sep 16, 2007
glendora ca.
Name
steve huth
Boat
I checked and the old reels are different spool width and have metal spool sideplates. is the wide side on the frame side or gear side? i still think the spool is installed wrong.

GDM Phil

Dec 21, 2010
west palm beach Florida
Name
Phil
update-

Accurate recieved the reel and 100% took care of the problem! I was in constant communication with Perri who was handling everything for me. she kept me up to date on everything that was going on. I would have her over for dinner if she lived closer lol thanx again Perri for the Excellent customer service and support!

Sep 16, 2007
glendora ca.
Name
steve huth
Boat
update-

Accurate recieved the reel and 100% took care of the problem! I was in constant communication with Perri who was handling everything for me. she kept me up to date on everything that was going on. I would have her over for dinner if she lived closer lol thanx again Perri for the Excellent customer service and support!
glad everything went well but what was the problum wtih the reel?

alantani

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 24, 2005
Saratoga, CA
Name
alan tani
Boat
grady white tournament 19, grady white journey 258
i put in a spool backwards one time. it was embarassing as hell......

dalurker

old skool rules
Dec 23, 2004
Cyber Sea
Name
#%^&) !!!
Boat
my blood vessel
any chance of letting this thread dry up and die already? WTF?

Yes Accurate probably fucked up by installing the spool backwards. They probably are undergoing massive changes within and have a new staff working on reels. They have a learning curve to work out. Accurate is tightening their belts maybe??

All in all, it's all done.

I vote ta move on to another topic here....

GDM Phil

Dec 21, 2010
west palm beach Florida
Name
Phil
They did not install it backwards it only goes in one way on the older accurates. The thread is done can a mod close it please.

Again accurate came threw 100% the service is worth the price tag

Status
Not open for further replies.