FREE Not Mine 17' Shamrock in Mexico Anyone seen It?

mike mitchell

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat
20 Bertram
Saw a 17 ft. Shamrock just south of San Diego on Craigslist. I cant go see it. Has anyone seen it? Opinions?

jim isbell

Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
I am unaware of ANY Shamrock that short, 20 foot is the shortest length I have ever heard of

willyok

Apr 10, 2012
San diego, CA
Name
Will
Boat
Aloha Lady 33' K&C.
They definitely exist. I personally have only seen three on the west coast of the timing was better I’d go look at it.

Dock total

Mar 22, 2012
Escondido ca 92027
Name
Mark
Boat
Sand dab
Owned one , decent little skiff w the weight down low so super stable. maneuvers like all straight shaft boats. only downside is it sucked as much gas as my bigger boats 2 mpg or so. super simple and easy to work on

jim isbell

Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
I could not find evidence at first, seems they made them in the past and on occasion you can find one. Just saw this, as an example"

Features of Shamrock 17 Center Console:
Basic data
  • Type: Power boat
  • Year : 1985
  • Length: 5.10 m
  • Name: -
  • Flag: -
  • Shipyard: Shamrock
  • Material: Other
Dimensions
  • Beam: 2,01 m
  • Draft: 0,6 m
  • Ballast: -
  • Displacement: -
Capacity
  • Maximum number of passengers: -
  • Cabins: -
  • Berths: -
  • Heads: -
  • Water capacity: -
Motor
  • Make of the motor: -
  • Power: 140 CV
  • Fuel capacity: -
This Power boat's equipment
Electronics
compass: Yes, depth instrument: Yes, vhf: Yes, plotter: Yes
Electricity/ Motor Shamrock 17 Center Console
battery: Yes, 1x140 cv Pleasurecraft Marine(Gasoline), cruising speed 17, max speed 24
Deck equipment
bilge pump: Yes, Anchor: Yes
Maintenance
100 hours
Observations
This vessel was SOLD on July 16.

Shamrock, located at that time in Cape Coral, built wildly popular and very high quality inboard engine boats with straight shaft drive, they called Keel Drive. Their 17 foot model was not their best seller as most buyers wanted the 20's (with the big V8 engines) but their employees loved the 17 model (with the economical 4 cyl Mitsubishi engines) and built most of the few examples of this great boat for themselves. There are still a few of these left and the center console model is the most popular and the hardest to find. The hull is head turningly beautiful with gorgeous lines, a perfect sheer line, dry running, does not pound and is economical to own.
The hulls are excellent with solid design, workmanship and materials so these boats are well worth restoring.

bufadora

Apr 13, 2011
Santa Cruz
Name
darren gertler
Boat
Sorenson 15 Project
I worked w a guy who had one, I thought it was cool, It was way louder than I expected however.