Not loving my trolling reels (PS, A10)

firtree

• May 19, 2020
    Shilshole
    Name
    Nick
    Boat
    Scout Abaco 280
    Good advice here. I’m partial to Shimano . But more importantly , where you from in Mass? I grew up in Shrewsbury but have lived here for 30+ years.

Yes, we came out about 6 years ago. We lived in southeast MA but had a place on the cape. I also lived in Maine when I was a kid. Did the Awesome give it away? ;)

Upvote 0

Siv

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 8, 2008
    Normandy Park Wa
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    19' SeaSport
    Yes, we came out about 6 years ago. We lived in southeast MA but had a place on the cape. I also lived in Maine when I was a kid. Did the Awesome give it away? ;)
    No, you mentioned Mass , but it was wicked obvious 😜. I spent a lot of summer weeks at my aunts place in Harwichport on the Cape. Fished off the jetties at Allen and Whychmere( sp ? ) harbors most days. Got a lot of in-laws in Maine.

Upvote 0
    Sep 4, 2017
    Gig Harbor, Washington
    Name
    Woody
    Boat
    Duckworth XL 30
    I've switched to Okuma guide select 10'6" and 9'6" downrigger rods. Some have Penn Fathom LW 25's and some have Okuma 203's. So far so good with everything. Much better than the Lamiglass I started with.

My dad's side of the family is from Chatham. We would spend all summer at grandma's house, first house up from the fish pier on Barcliff before all the McMansions were built around it. Dad worked on charter boats in the late 50's early 60's and I grew up fishing Monomoy rips with him in the 80's.

Just spent a few weeks back there with my wife & daughter, took my parents boat and my buddy http://www.chathamfishingcharters.com/ gave me the intel. Got my 6 year old daughter on the fish and she was stoked. Striper for dinner!

Reactions: PNW Drifter
    Upvote 0